Page 1 of 2
It's been a while since I did new pedal days. Don't worry I didn't stop buying them. I do love my noisemakers.

I'm gonna take 2 wonderful pieces of equipment, a Gibson Custom Shop R8 VOS and a Bogner XTC...and I'm going to make them sound like elephant diarrhea.

Let's ROCK AND ROLL.

Let's do this in no particular order. Right click and download clips or else other people can't hear them.

1. So I picked up this lovepedal eternity burst for greg in a trade. I was totally expecting to say something along the lines of: Here is Greg's new corksniffer pedal made to make your dinky 5w tube amp even more dinky and tubular! This would be great for Greg when he records his next album, "Music for Elevators: Hospital Maternity Ward Edition".
Well that didn't happen. Instead, all I have to say is: OMGWTFBBQ THIS PEDAL IS TEH SHIZNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's got so much gain. It's got so much boost. It's got everything everything. It sounds amazing. Every bit as good as some of the high gain tube amps I've tried. Only a discerning ear would be able to tell the difference.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/burst.mp3

2. This is a Pedal Worx Cactus Drive.
It's kind of like a boost-light distortion pedal. It's not really that crazy but it acts as a great treble or bass boost. With the treble all the way up and the bass all the way down it makes any guitar sound super bright but without any ice pick. It's pretty good for that.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/cactus.mp3

3. This is a Zvex Mastotron.
One of my favorite fuzz pedals by far. it has a lot of knobs but it's actually really simple. In most fuzz pedals you plug it in and you can turn up the fuzz and the level and what not. For this one, you get to control all the parameters. You can make the power sag, you can make the resistors weak or soft, you can change the input sensitivity. Great for making noise.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/zvex.mp3

4. Tortuga Wendigo.
Really tame fuzz pedal.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/wendigo.mp3

5. Ibanez TS9Dx
No reason not to have this on your board. 4 adjustable eq voicing, boost, tone, and drive all for about 100 bucks.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/ts9dx.mp3

6. Hermida Reverb
This is a pretty good reverb. Not even close to a true 3 spring reverb but it's got a nice low level reverb that you could totally leave on all the time. Also acts as a buffer.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/reverb.mp3

7. Proco Rat
I modified this the other day by taking a screwdriver and wacking off some parts. Another pedal board standard.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/procorat.mp3

Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
8. Fulltone OCD
This is your basic boost/overdrive pedal. I'd say this should be a pedal board must have as well. It works great and sounds great. Not as crazy as the e/burst though

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/ocd.mp3

My babies.

9. The Death By Audio Robot
First mode is an octave fuzz
second mode is an octave up follower
third mode is an octave down follower
fourth mode is some wacky shit
also acts as a boost and cat annoyance.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/robot.mp3

10. The Death By Audio TSA/Custom
This is a tsa with one half of the intersteller overdriver circuit.
This thing provides something like 29-30 db of boost when it's engaged by itself. Other then that it is powerless. It's got a send/return loop that engages an occ. feedback circuit that lights the roof on fire.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/tsa.mp3

11. The Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun.
You want fuzz this thing has fuzz. Mode one is normal fuzz with a bunch of controls. Mode two is crazy shit self feedback mode to drive dogs crazy. I love this pedal. Here's 30 minutes of me playing with it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/fuzzgain1.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/fuzzgain2.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/lolpenisfuzzgun.mp3

Well that's it...so no what. That was pretty boring right.
Well...how about if I try to make the worst sound on the earth. ALRIGHT!

Gonna break out my baritone for this one. Let's hook this here and that there and power up some shit....

ALRIGHT
Here's pretty much the worst thing I could come up with

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/ibreakears.mp3

Here's how I get there

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/pedalsr4eva/lolpetsgoinnutz.mp3

OH YA.

Sounds like you're starting to get the hang of the basic concepts of rhythm and melody.

/below the belt

Anyway, really liked the crazy sounds from the ZVex. Seems like a fun pedal to mess with. Rest did not appeal to me, though.

edit: holy crap, there's more?!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by TNfootballfan62
If you don't like that the TS buys new gear more often than you, don't open his threads any more. If you don't like that you feel like you're a better guitar player than him, don't open his threads any more. Zero tolerance for those sorts of posts in this thread starting with this post.

This applies here, too.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by mmolteratx
Should have thrown the WIIO in there too.

I know but the wiio and the cot kanji were part of the trade for the r8 so I didn't get a chance to record them. .

Ah, that explains why they were in that guy's ad. I was like, woah! He haz teh same pedalz as Min!
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Not really my style...but those are some nifty pedals you've got there. I always like your threads...you've definitely gone through some gear in the past few months!
Quote by eyebanez333
Not really my style...but those are some nifty pedals you've got there. I always like your threads...you've definitely gone through some gear in the past few months!

you're thing isn't to make ridiculous noise that drives people insane?
that's k. I respect that. kinda. not.

Quote by Kanthras
Sounds like you're starting to get the hang of the basic concepts of rhythm and melody.

/below the belt

Anyway, really liked the crazy sounds from the ZVex. Seems like a fun pedal to mess with. Rest did not appeal to me, though.

edit: holy crap, there's more?!

LOL

gear overload. lots of good pedals there
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
damn, some nice stuff there. didnt listen to everything, but listened to a few. couple things i didnt really find musical, but that works sometimes.

however, that reverb sounded pretty nice. any other controls or is it just the mix knob? like no internal trim pots or anything?

also, is that a vintage rat or one of the rat 2s or something? sounded really nice, and i really want one.
Quote by jof1029
damn, some nice stuff there. didnt listen to everything, but listened to a few. couple things i didnt really find musical, but that works sometimes.

however, that reverb sounded pretty nice. any other controls or is it just the mix knob? like no internal trim pots or anything?

also, is that a vintage rat or one of the rat 2s or something? sounded really nice, and i really want one.

It's a new new but it's not a rat 2. it a one sided pcb with the components on the top and the traces on the bottom. I modded it by taking out one resistor. the reutz rat mod. It sounds way smoother now.

didn't you read the intro. musical? i don't know the meaning of that word!!

the hermida has only one knob on it and that's it. no internal trimpots either. Site says it has both digital and analog paths blended which I think means that the reverb circuit itself is a dsp and that's blended back with the guitars signal. I mean not a true spring but it sounds good and it works and its 99 bucks.

Quote by mmolteratx
Here's a Fuzz War schem if you're interested, John. http://analogguru.an.ohost.de/193/schematics/DBA_FuzzWar.gif

7 Transistors? Is it a 3 channel fuzz or something?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by AcousticMirror
It's a new new but it's not a rat 2. it a one sided pcb with the components on the top and the traces on the bottom. I modded it by taking out one resistor. the reutz rat mod. It sounds way smoother now.

didn't you read the intro. musical? i don't know the meaning of that word!!

the hermida has only one knob on it and that's it. no internal trimpots either. Site says it has both digital and analog paths blended which I think means that the reverb circuit itself is a dsp and that's blended back with the guitars signal. I mean not a true spring but it sounds good and it works and its 99 bucks.

awesome, thanks for the info on the reverb. been looking for a nice but simple 'verb for a while now, and this one is going on the list.

didnt realize they still made regular rats, thought it was only the rat 2 these days. gotta see if i can find one, cause that clip sounded like exactly what i want.

and yeah, non musical stuff is great i once had a pedal that someone told me sounded like a bomb going off every time i turned it on. soooooo much fun with that thing.
Speaking of noise machines, why don't you have a Geiger Counter?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by AcousticMirror

You should put a 1k trimpot in there in place of that resistor and dial in a 'halfway' tone between reutz and stock... You can get the heavier, nastier distortion of stock but smoothed out like Reutz.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by mmolteratx
Speaking of noise machines, why don't you have a Geiger Counter?

iz digital.

naw the fuzz war is a really simple pedal. see

just 2 knobibityknobs.

Quote by jof1029
awesome, thanks for the info on the reverb. been looking for a nice but simple 'verb for a while now, and this one is going on the list.

didnt realize they still made regular rats, thought it was only the rat 2 these days. gotta see if i can find one, cause that clip sounded like exactly what i want.

and yeah, non musical stuff is great i once had a pedal that someone told me sounded like a bomb going off every time i turned it on. soooooo much fun with that thing.

Jof if you want to try out the hermida let me know. I don't have too much use for a reverb pedal.

Also I got my rat used but it doesn't say rat 2 anywhere on it. so i dunno?

Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jun 16, 2010,
Quote by tubetime86
You should put a 1k trimpot in there in place of that resistor and dial in a 'halfway' tone between reutz and stock... You can get the heavier, nastier distortion of stock but smoothed out like Reutz.

ya i'll try it when I figure out how to do that. Literally I looked at the directions and it said...rip this out!

so I ripped it out.

Quote by mmolteratx
Here's a Fuzz War schem if you're interested, John. http://analogguru.an.ohost.de/193/schematics/DBA_FuzzWar.gif

Nah, I mostly wanna see if he's improved his wiring. I've seen some DBA pedals before, and they were awful.

That Fuzz War is weird. It's like....a Big Muff with only 1 clipping stage and like 5 input buffer stages.
Quote by AcousticMirror
ya i'll try it when I figure out how to do that. Literally I looked at the directions and it said...rip this out!

so I ripped it out.

You have a soldering iron, right? Just put a trimpot in its place. You can get it at radio shack. That way you have stock at one extreme and reutz at the other, and you can blend the two.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Oh, yea the insides of the ones I've seen were atrocious.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by AcousticMirror

Jof if you want to try out the hermida let me know. I don't have too much use for a reverb pedal.

Also I got my rat used but it doesn't say rat 2 anywhere on it. so i dunno?

thanks for the offer, but i really have no use for a reverb pedal at all i just want one, you know, just to have. the only amp i have with an effects loop is about 600 miles away, hasnt been turned on in over a year, and i plan on selling it. i have a nice list going, you know, just in case i ever have to have a reverb. or like 3 at this rate.

interesting on the rat, i really liked the sound clip. if its just the production one right now, then its time to start trolling ebay.
So let me guess, the reverb pedal is using one of those Belton chips?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Ya, the Hermida came out around the same time as the other ones. Thought we discussed this before?

No we discussed the chicklet, not this particular one (I think)
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
what's the belton chip?

No, we discussed them both IIRC. But pretty much anything uses the Belton chip these days.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

what's it do?

pretty standard handwired to pcb fair for the dba's. The zvex is machined I think.
the tsa has exactly 4 components on the board...
wut.

lol at the going insane clips at the end that's amazing.

the lovepedal sounds pretty sweet.

and how did you modify the RAT by wacking off?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i was making a (bad) joke. "wacking off"= er... you know what it means.

but thanks
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
how do i put a trim pot on my penis. that seems useful.

i heard it could use a boost more than a trimpot
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i heard it could use a boost more than a trimpot

i think i need a reverb and a delay.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I run a fuzz...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Page 1 of 2