What is the neck on a standard MIM P bass like? Is there a heavy finish on it?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
If it's anything like the MIM Jazz there is no finish on it. P Bass necks are a lot thicker than jazz necks, and some prefer that, it depends on you.
thanks man I've been searching for that answer
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
All MIM's have a satin finish on the neck, it's not at all glossy and/or "sticky".
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by salgala2000
I believe in general that P-bass necks are considered too thick and hard to play on.

The ones I've played are quite comfortable, no heavy finish or anything of the sort. Considering buying one myself, once I've got the cash.
Quote by salgala2000
I believe in general that P-bass necks are considered too thick and hard to play on.

bullshit. a p bass neck is marginally thicker than a jazz neck. If you can't play on a p bass then you cant play any bass at all.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.