I know its not the season. I wanna look into prices and the board i want before the season comes. I just moved to a place where i get snow regularly and im pretty interested in taking advantage of it.

Where would be a good place to start? I checked out Burton Boards and my local shops, not really interested in the selection. Anything else out there?

Mikey
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Ski its better, faster and cooler.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
i was thinkin about it but i was never partial to skating (roller blades) and i dont know how i would like holding the poles lol. Not a big fan of holdin things, i enjoy using my hands for other things. Like sipping on a water or scratchin myself. If i used those i wouldnt be able to do said things!
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Agree with Arch Enemy, Boarder's are generally Douchebag's who cut you up, but this isn't constructive.

I think Rome Snowboards are quite good
If you're reading this, then chances are you're procrastinating too
Romes website is rather interesting lol.

Well i plan on doing free riding, using natural terrain. but after many hours on the slopes with other people. I also dont know much anything about snowboards so any help would be appreciated
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
Have you done any snowboarding before? If not, it would be best to start out by taking lessons and using a rental board. If you're serious about getting one, see if you can demo a bunch of different types of board and figure out which specs you like.

Also, skiing is more fun.
kill all humans
If you have a lot of money to blow get a Lib Tech Skate Banana, if not try a Capita Starimaster.

Also everyone who says skiing is more fun isn't good at snowboarding.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Have you done any snowboarding before? If not, it would be best to start out by taking lessons and using a rental board. If you're serious about getting one, see if you can demo a bunch of different types of board and figure out which specs you like.

Also, skiing is more fun.

well i do plan on taking lessons, and i cant really do so until i get the $$. i wanna make sure its something i wanna do before i spend the money on it. BUT i also wanna be knowledgable and be prepared if i do enjoy it ya know?

Ski'ing seems more racey to me. i personally just wanna go out and have fun. Plus snowboarding seems more apealling cuz its less to carry
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
Quote by greasysnowball
well i do plan on taking lessons, and i cant really do so until i get the $$. i wanna make sure its something i wanna do before i spend the money on it. BUT i also wanna be knowledgable and be prepared if i do enjoy it ya know?

Ski'ing seems more racey to me. i personally just wanna go out and have fun. Plus snowboarding seems more apealling cuz its less to carry

What do you want to know? This is one area where I can claim expertise.
Quote by Arch Enemy 65
Ski its better, faster and cooler.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Get ski blades.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by 0RI0N
Get ski blades.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by mattman93
What do you want to know? This is one area where I can claim expertise.

any/everything since i know nothing about it other than im interested in it
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
Well, you already know about Burton, they are by far the biggest brand in snowboarding. (Note, this gets them quite a bit of hate from some of the "core" crowd, though I don't see why it matters) Some other good brands are Rome, Lib Tech, GNU, Forum, Airblaster, DC, Flow, 32, Capita, and Stepchild. (If you want to know more brands ask)

Stuff you'll need to know while snowboarding:

Don't's: Don't cut people off, especially in the park. Don't claim trick you can't do. Just generally don't be a douche. Also don't call last run. Most importantly don't give up, starting off is tough.

Do's: Do make friends with people who are better then you. This is the easiest way to learn, if they are cool (for the most part people I'm friends with are) they will help you progress your riding and help you push yourself. Do try things even if you are scared of them, no one ever gets hurt the first time they try something.

I don't know if this is actually the kind of stuff you were looking to know so I'll think of more stuff if you want me to later.
I strongly suggest you not buy a Burton board right off the bat. Do your research. I have a '10 Burton, one of the new V-Rockers, and I love it. That being said, I've been boarding for several years, it cost me almost a grand and I'm starting a teaching apprenticeship this season. I have use for a not-shitty board.

For starters, I'd suggest something along the line of Head, LTD, Rossignol, etc. They're all relatively inexpensive and get the job done. Obviously, they suck compared to something like Airblaster, Burton, K2, or any other number of the 'name brand' boards. However, it's great for those who want to start, but aren't sure they're gonna keep going with it later on. Buying an expensive board's not going to make you Travis Parker overnight, start small and grow.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Last edited by Karlboy at Jun 16, 2010,
As a skier, I've got to say all the people in here hating on boarders are a bunch of ****wits.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...