Poll Options
View poll results: Egnater Rebel 30 VS Orange Dual Terror
Egnater Rebel 30
25 86%
Orange Dual Terror
4 14%
Voters: 29.
Page 1 of 2
I have another thread in which I came to a choice between these two amps. But I'd like there to be a designated poll/thread for this one. I can get these for basically the same price..and I have of course tried both of them out and liked both. So now I'm at a crossroads as to which to pull the trigger on..

Some Aspects of the Rebel 30:
-Versatile
-Switch between or combine 2 El84s and 2 6V6s
-Clean and Dirty channels
-Has Reverb and an Effects loop

Some Aspects of the Dual Terror:
-Simplicity
-Orange looks
-Fat channel and Tiny Terror channel..could set either up for distortion or clean
-Good distortion sound
-No effects loop

There are a ton of other factors and details for each..but too much to go into. The Egnater seems more versatile but I really did love the dirty on the Orange. But, again, the Orange has no effects loop...seems less tone tweakable as well. Safe to say the Egnater is more versatile. But I really am torn on these two.
I'd say go for the Egnater. It's loads more versatile, which far trumps the fact that it isn't an Orange. I'm sure with the Egnater, you could still dial in an Orange-ish dirty tone anyway. As well as tons more tones.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
What type of music do you play? I really enjoyed the Rebel 30... great for the price... but it depends on what styles you play.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by Leeav
What type of music do you play? I really enjoyed the Rebel 30... great for the price... but it depends on what styles you play.

The band I'm in right now..is more indie/poppy...has pop/punk elements, but not pop/punk. Major influences in our music is: Weezer, Sunny Day Real Estate, Saves the Day, Brand New..
This is lookin pretty lopsided...anyone who voted care to explain? I have to make a decision on this within a day or so...and although I've played both in person, I'm sort of torn and would take your opinions to heart.
Unless you're totally in love with the tone of the Orange, I'd go for the Egnater. It's got versatility on it, and to my understanding the TT struggles to do cleans well.

Only way you'll really know is if you A B them.
Quote by Shabadoo
Unless you're totally in love with the tone of the Orange, I'd go for the Egnater. It's got versatility on it, and to my understanding the TT struggles to do cleans well.

Only way you'll really know is if you A B them.

Sort of impossible...one store carries the egnater and thats 45 minutes away and another store carries with orange which is 45 minutes away in the opposite direction. So I tried both out through different cabs at the different locations, two days apart.
EGNATER! i tried a tourmaster, rebel, and tweaker last week. and oh my god!! some of the best cleans i've ever heard! the dirty channel is also pretty good, but damn, those cleans are as clean as a baby's ass
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
Quote by natehimself
EGNATER! i tried a tourmaster, rebel, and tweaker last week. and oh my god!! some of the best cleans i've ever heard! the dirty channel is also pretty good, but damn, those cleans are as clean as a baby's ass

Lol..that's the thing bro. I really love the cleans on the Rebel 30..they are almost in Fender realm IMO. I didn't get a good feel for the dirty channel though because I couldn't really crank it at guitar center. And like you said..the dirty sounds "pretty good"...it didn't impress you as much as the cleans..

I felt like the Orange cleans were decent and I could probably get some better tone out of the cleans with a bit more tweaking..but the distortion on the Orange really impressed me. I could crank the Orange a bit more at the store I was in to try it out though.

It's safe to say that I use dirty settings much more than clean settings..but the ability to have real great cleans when you do use them is a major plus. I really like both of these amps..I don't feel I'd be disappointed with either option, I may just like one or the other better in the long run....But, at this point I don't know which one to pull the trigger on..
i love the orange dual terror. It's kind of a 2 trick pony though.
I'd imagine the egnater would be more versatile.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by burritosaregood
Lol..that's the thing bro. I really love the cleans on the Rebel 30..they are almost in Fender realm IMO. I didn't get a good feel for the dirty channel though because I couldn't really crank it at guitar center. And like you said..the dirty sounds "pretty good"...it didn't impress you as much as the cleans..

I felt like the Orange cleans were decent and I could probably get some better tone out of the cleans with a bit more tweaking..but the distortion on the Orange really impressed me. I could crank the Orange a bit more at the store I was in to try it out though.

It's safe to say that I use dirty settings much more than clean settings..but the ability to have real great cleans when you do use them is a major plus. I really like both of these amps..I don't feel I'd be disappointed with either option, I may just like one or the other better in the long run....But, at this point I don't know which one to pull the trigger on..

it's not liked they sucked...on the tourmaster it was actually awesome! the rebel and tweaker was as you said, pretty good.

but i never really liked oranges, it's just got this muddy sound that i can't get over, imo, the overdrive on oranges aren't so versatile. but hey, it's your money, invest wisely
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
Quote by AcousticMirror
i love the orange dual terror. It's kind of a 2 trick pony though.
I'd imagine the egnater would be more versatile.

If it were you in my position with the music I'm making in my current band..which way would you go man?

Also, what are the 2 "tricks" the Orange does..I didn't get a ton of time to use it today, about 15-20 minutes..I basically could just get a really good dirty tone..so I figured one trick..
Quote by Tedward
is the Rebel 2 channel like the DT?

Yes..the Rebel 30 has a designated clean channel and a designated dirty channel. Individual EQs for both and Individual Reverb settings for both...

The Dual Terror has two channels, Tiny Terror channel and Fat channel...you could set either or up as dirty or clean. Both have a tone knob for EQing..
Quote by burritosaregood
If it were you in my position with the music I'm making in my current band..which way would you go man?

Also, what are the 2 "tricks" the Orange does..I didn't get a ton of time to use it today, about 15-20 minutes..I basically could just get a really good dirty tone..so I figured one trick..

He'd buy both...

I dunno, when I played the Tourmaster a while back I thought both gain channels were very nice at a lower volume... Egnater is pretty much all about the dirt from what I've seen.

If you're a bit sketchy about spending almost $1k on an amp, maybe play around with the Egnater Tweaker... It's not the same as the Rebel, but you might like it.
Quote by Tedward
He'd buy both...

I dunno, when I played the Tourmaster a while back I thought both gain channels were very nice at a lower volume... Egnater is pretty much all about the dirt from what I've seen.

If you're a bit sketchy about spending almost $1k on an amp, maybe play around with the Egnater Tweaker... It's not the same as the Rebel, but you might like it.

I got the cash man...I mean of course it is a pretty decent size investment for me..but I'm going to be gigging with this for atleast a year to come, whichever one I pick. So spending this kind of cash on an amp doesn't bother me much if I'm really happy with it, honestly.
on the other side, i am actually more in love with Egnater's dirt than their cleans, while i think both are amazing, but once you get a chance to tweak the dirt, it just screams. one plus about the egnater is they have a wonderful reverb, actually the best digital reverb i have ever heard (built into an amp anyways).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
on the other side, i am actually more in love with Egnater's dirt than their cleans, while i think both are amazing, but once you get a chance to tweak the dirt, it just screams. one plus about the egnater is they have a wonderful reverb, actually the best digital reverb i have ever heard (built into an amp anyways).

Yea man...I thought the reverb was killer, honestly.
Quote by burritosaregood
Yes..the Rebel 30 has a designated clean channel and a designated dirty channel. Individual EQs for both and Individual Reverb settings for both...

The Dual Terror has two channels, Tiny Terror channel and Fat channel...you could set either or up as dirty or clean. Both have a tone knob for EQing..

honestly...i'd look really hard for a used rocker30.

the dt can be set up for some cleans on c1 and gain on c2 or gain and gainer.
It can be brought down to like 5 watts to get some power tube distortion.

I haven't played the rebel but the tweaker is good. I'm sure the rebel sounds good.
I say Egnater.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I'm really surprised at the disparity in votes between the two...I actually expected most to chose Egnater..but 11 votes to 1? I expected there to be much more proponents of the Orange.

I know these are both Chinese made..but I have a question regarding Egnater. A lot of people still consider Bugera less than reliable (whether or not there is merit to this questionable) but..out of curiosity, do people hold Egnater in the same light in terms of quality control?
My vote goes for the Egnater. Better tone, two distincly different channels, and an effects loop.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
grab this

GUITAR AMP
USED MESA BOOGIE MARK IIB 1980'S JBL SPEAKER WICKE

Details »
Amps
Guitar Center Buffalo
Tonawanda, New York 14150
716-833-8200
View Store's Used Inventory
Request More Info
Buy Now
Now Only
$989.99

Was
$1,499.99
Save
$510.00

Dunno if the mark iiis are as good as the newer marks but I'm sure they are pretty good.

or grab this

GUITAR AMP
USED H&K DUOTONE 021309
Details »
Amps
Guitar Center Fayetteville
Fayetteville, Georgia 30214
770-719-2531
Request More Info
Buy Now
Now Only
$799.99

Was
$1,600.00
Save
$800.01

Apparently this is 2/3 of a triamp? should be great.
I'm the one guy who voted for the Orange but tbh it's only because i'm gasing for a Dual Terror

My philosophy is if you want versatility buy more than one amp but the smart choice is the Rebel 30
Quote by AxSilentxLine
I'm the one guy who voted for the Orange but tbh it's only because i'm gasing for a Dual Terror

My philosophy is if you want versatility buy more than one amp but the smart choice is the Rebel 30

Just curious then..why are you gasing for a Dual Terror and not an Egnater?
Quote by AcousticMirror
grab this

GUITAR AMP
USED MESA BOOGIE MARK IIB 1980'S JBL SPEAKER WICKE

Details »
Amps
Guitar Center Buffalo
Tonawanda, New York 14150
716-833-8200
Request More Info
Buy Now
Now Only
$989.99

Was
$1,499.99
Save
$510.00

Dunno if the mark iiis are as good as the newer marks but I'm sure they are pretty good.

or grab this

GUITAR AMP
USED H&K DUOTONE 021309
Details »
Amps
Guitar Center Fayetteville
Fayetteville, Georgia 30214
770-719-2531
Request More Info
Buy Now
Now Only
$799.99

Was
$1,600.00
Save
$800.01

Apparently this is 2/3 of a triamp? should be great.

Hey man..where do you find info like that?
Quote by burritosaregood
Just curious then..why are you gasing for a Dual Terror and not an Egnater?

Because I have a 6505+ for high gain, i'll have a Laney AOR soon for medium crunch but I like the tone and portability of the DT as well. I'll more than likely pick up a Rockerverb 50 or Splawn Nitro some time down the line too

Sometimes the smart choice isn't always the best
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Because I have a 6505+ for high gain, i'll have a Laney AOR soon for medium crunch but I like the tone and portability of the DT as well. I'll more than likely pick up a Rockerverb 50 or Splawn Nitro some time down the line too

Sometimes the smart choice isn't always the best

Lol..I was pretty sure I was heading towards the Egnater..and then this makes me think lol.
Quote by AcousticMirror
honestly...i'd look really hard for a used rocker30.

the dt can be set up for some cleans on c1 and gain on c2 or gain and gainer.
It can be brought down to like 5 watts to get some power tube distortion.

I haven't played the rebel but the tweaker is good. I'm sure the rebel sounds good.

Thats what ive been looking for the past month or so. But due to the need to budget for a trip to europe im super hesitant on pulling the trigger. Plus i think im looking for the deal of my life that will never come lol.

to the TS, i played the rebel and i really liked it. But i just love the sound of the orange too much
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
The thing is...guitar center does have a 30 day return policy. But...where I would purchase the Orange..they do not. It would be smarter for me to go with the Egnater and if it really doesn't suit me..just bring it back and then purchase a Dual Terror.

But..still, I'm not sure lol.
Quote by burritosaregood
The thing is...guitar center does have a 30 day return policy. But...where I would purchase the Orange..they do not. It would be smarter for me to go with the Egnater and if it really doesn't suit me..just bring it back and then purchase a Dual Terror.

But..still, I'm not sure lol.

you could orderit from sweetwater.com and i believe they have a return policy similar to GC
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
i dont really like orange tone. i dont really like the compression and it always sounds muddy to me.

i love thone egnater tones and stuff like tube mix is an amazing feature. its basically like have 2.5 amps in 1. 1 amp with el84s, 1 and with 6l6, and another with a mixed version of the two. it has an antenuator, effects loop, etc etc.

i think it puts the orange to shame.

im not a fan of the orange simplistic controls, but on hte flip side its easy ot use if you mess up. for example, if your mix is bad in a gig, instead of messing with presence, and a 3+ band EQ. all you do is turn the tone knob. 1 knob. or the volume. thats nice. but not a lot of room for shaping your tone with a full Eq.

i dunno. im leaning towards teh engaters. ive never heard one i didnt like.
Quote by IXIchiodoIXI
you could orderit from sweetwater.com and i believe they have a return policy similar to GC

I would...but I can get a Dual Terror for $800 new from a local store..
Quote by ikey_
i dont really like orange tone. i dont really like the compression and it always sounds muddy to me.

i love thone egnater tones and stuff like tube mix is an amazing feature. its basically like have 2.5 amps in 1. 1 amp with el84s, 1 and with 6l6, and another with a mixed version of the two. it has an antenuator, effects loop, etc etc.

im not a fan of the orange simplistic controls, but on hte flip side its easy ot use if you mess up. for example, if your mix is bad in a gig, instead of messing with presence, and a 3+ band EQ. all you do is turn the tone knob. 1 knob. or the volume. thats nice. but not a lot of room for shaping your tone with a full Eq.

It seems to be the Egnaters ability to get different tones and the fact that it just has more features such as a good digital Reverb and of course an effects loop...at a lower starting price as well. I cannot deny that on paper, it seems to be the better option.

The Orange is a class A amp...I don't expect it to have great, sparkling cleans...but I actually do like the Orange distortion very much. It has a fuzzy feel to it actually. It almost reminds me of Rivers' tone on Pinkerton..
Quote by ikey_

Yeah Orange amps are an accquired taste really. TS, fx loops, attenuators and control knobs aside, just let your ears decide.
I have about an hour to make up my mind on this...

Guitar Center has a 20% discount going on items over 300$...I called the stored and asked if the Egnater is excluded and it is not. Therefore if I'm going to buy the Egnater I need to do it today..the discount is over after today..
I tried the Egnater recently. It sounded great. Had a nice glassy tone, and you could get some real variety out of it. The mix of 6L6/E84s is a nice touch.

Downsides - it looks AWFUL! And some of the controls are on the back...annoying.

Can't comment on the Tiny Terror.

EDIT: see if you can change the knobs/change the colour from vomit beige.
Page 1 of 2