Hi i was wondering if you guys could recommend me some bands based around the ones i like :

The Blackout, Deftones, Linkin Park, Lostprophets, Nirvana, AFI, Cypress Hill, Metallica, Slipknot, System Of A Down, Sum 41, stuff like that

so can you awesome people recommend me some bands? thanks
start by not listening to cypress hill
( unless youre bouncin on that hawaaaiiiaann trraamppoolinneee)

Oh, you DO want a free demo?
Erm, not exactly fitting into your description, but:

Dream Theater! Get into it - they are a great band.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
pretty diverse selection of bands but if I had to recommend some great music listen to anything that Frank Black does. Especially the Doolittle album by the Pixies and the first Frank Black and the Catholics album (self titled). But you may not like his stuff because you seem to be into stuff that's a little on the heavier side, but I'm a tried and true metal head and I love Frank Black. Listen to six sixty six, dog gone and I need peace of the FB and the C's album and then listen to hey, here comes your man, mr. grieves and debaser off of doolittle. Hope you like it, just give it some time to grow on you. But if you want a metal recommendation than Lamb of God is where it's at. Anything of Ashes of the Wake is good.
This comment will probably be reported and removed but I can't help myself ^^^ Michigan Sucks!!!!!! lol I'm a diehard OSU fan I live in Columbus.
thank you all i didnt think id get so much within like an hour span

i listen to anything but those are my extra favorite bands... my favorite genres are Metal, Alt., Hard Rock, im a sucker for Rap Rock , and even pop (thats right i love Natasha Bedingfield)
Last edited by mankilla69 at Jun 16, 2010,
Based on the bands you listed, you might want to try the modern rock forum instead of the Alternative & Indie forum
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Quote by mankilla69
thank you all i didnt think id get so much within like an hour span

i listen to anything but those are my extra favorite bands... my favorite genres are Metal, Alt., Hard Rock, im a sucker for Rap Rock , and even pop (thats right i love Natasha Bedingfield)

well if you like pop/rock you could try the offspring, Stone temple pilots are hard rock...