Hey guys. So I swapped out the stock power LED on a TS9 Turbo because I don't like how you need to be looking head on to see it. I replaced it with a green LED but it isn't as bright as it could/should be. I have scoured schematics and the internet but in my frantic situation (on stage in 20 minutes) I can't find which friggin resistor I'm supposed to lower. It seems it should be a 3k6 so I got some 2k2 to replace it with just not sure which one it is on the unlabelled PCB. ANy help?

Thanks.
late post but its not hard to find which resistor it is. it'll be connected to the led on one end and either grounded or connected to the +9v from the battery.

2k2 might not be bright enough so take 2 of those 2k2's and put them in paralell. this'll give you just over 1k. imo 1k is a good all-around value.
The LED is on it's own board on this. Ground is going straight to ground and on the positive side the PCB trace runs around pretty far. Looks like there are a resistors all running off the trace so that's what makes it tough. According to them schematic it should be 3k6 so hopefully only one of them matches up.
Just to help make sense of it..

schematic

On this schematic the LED is on the bottom right just a bove the transistor. I can see that between the LED and the protection diode (?) there is that 3k6 resistor. That's what I'm looking for right? On the PCB it looks like the LED just goes straight into the diode...
yeah, the 3k6 resistor between the zener diode and the led is the one you want to change.

the good news is that since theres only 1 3k6 resistor in the wole circuit, look for the only 3k6 resistor on your pcb.
green leds are usually dimmer than red from power consumption, but should be more visible since the eye sees green better.

that aside, what LED did you buy? depending on the specs, you could possibly drop it down to 300 ohms or something. really just depends on your LED though. 1k as jim said is a good start. i might go a little lower myself, but i wouldnt go much higher than 1k5, if any.
Thanks Jim and Jof1029. I'll hopefully get into it tonight. I also have 1k5 resistors so I can try them in prallel also if necessary. The LED's are from Radio Shack. I knew they'd be dim but they're still an improvement over the stock as far as visibility goes.
The resistor does not exist. I've searched the entire board. Could it be that those silly "super brite" lights that they use now don't need the voltage knocked down?
Some (high quality) pictures would be helpful.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Here is the solder side of the PCB. You can see a row of solder points about a quarter of the way down stretching pretty much all the way across. Second from the left is the - wire from the LED. You can see it runs into a solder point for a 100uf cap and then right into the power supply on one end and then leads a long trace on the other (second vertical trace on the left) that runs into a transistor and then a 10K resistor.
The + wire runs into an 8k2 resistor and then into a diode.

I'm sorry there is no component side picture but I figured that doesn't show much in the way of signal flow.

other side of the board to show the resistor color bands would be nice.

so, is the red circle the one you meant? if so, all the yellow circles should be points on the high side of the LED. may have missed some or added a couple, that trace is a bit hard to follow.

where is the other point of the LED? i would be willing to bet thats where the resistor is. or there would be the zenner diode. the resistor could be on the other side of the zenner as well, so thats another place to check.

or its also possible that if im reading this right (and i may not be since it is my second take on it) you have an 8k2 resistor between the LED and zenner diode. if thats the case, well then thats your problem. lower that resistor

EDIT: oops, forgot the pic
Yeah that red is definitely what I was talking about. As for the other side, There is an 8k2 resistor into the diode and then, yeah, probably to ground. I figured that resistor was not the one since it is labeled as a 3k6 on the schematic. Sorry I couldn't illustrate things better, new computer with no art programs.
Quote by jof1029
other side of the board to show the resistor color bands would be nice.

so, is the red circle the one you meant? if so, all the yellow circles should be points on the high side of the LED. may have missed some or added a couple, that trace is a bit hard to follow.

where is the other point of the LED? i would be willing to bet thats where the resistor is. or there would be the zenner diode. the resistor could be on the other side of the zenner as well, so thats another place to check.

or its also possible that if im reading this right (and i may not be since it is my second take on it) you have an 8k2 resistor between the LED and zenner diode. if thats the case, well then thats your problem. lower that resistor

EDIT: oops, forgot the pic

Hi man, Im making a screamer lab pedal, I want to build a pedal with switchable mods to crossover along all versions TS7 TS808 TS9 TS10 ST9 etc, I have a big progress into the design of the pedal, I want versatily and a really big tone palette, for a important amount of possible combinations, and I want to include the switch toggle in the keeley mod of the TS9DX

I have the design only for the part of the rotary switch, but not from the keeley toggle switch, so , can you take a pictures from your pedal by an emphasis into the switch in the center of the controls? I want to know what it contains and know where to where it is connected, plese you can help into a important part of this big project of screamer lab, help to include the Gain/Treble boost Toggle Switch into my screamer lab, thanks for read me, and Im waiting for an aswer
when the project is finished I will upload a video with the demo of the pedal and post the link right here
the help from anyone will be grateful
take care
cya