Page 1 of 2
And I don't know how I'm gonna tell her. She gets mad very easily and I'm sure she'd place the blame on me.

Here's the story:
I was at the park skating, having a cigarette. I walked back across the park to see someone at the end of a K-turn by the car. I didn't realize it til I got home.

Now for the damage. There were a few dents, but I managed to get a lot of them out. The big problem is a quite noticible dent that I can't seem to reach. There's some scum on the back left bumper where the dent is that I guess I can clean off right now.

What I need is a way to at least remove the dent. It's pretty far up and I can't seem to reach it by myself. It's kinda dark out so I can't see that well but I need to fix it tonight if I'm going to fix it at all. Is there anything I can use to push up and try to push it back to normal? I don't have pics, sorry.
A plunger.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Tell her someone hit your car while it was parked?

Honestly, unless she's absolutely mental there's NO way she can blame you for that. Seriously.

Also, did you get the licence plate of the car that hit yours? You should have done, and you can easily claim on insurance with that.
Maybe if you had bought yourself a car instead of leeching off your mom, you wouldn't have this problem. Take some responsibility for your actions!
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Fix it like father Ted would

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6G3CnbDPgc
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by SilentHeaven109
Tell her someone hit your car while it was parked?

Honestly, unless she's absolutely mental there's NO way she can blame you for that. Seriously.

Also, did you get the licence plate of the car that hit yours? You should have done, and you can easily claim on insurance with that.

Nope, just got the color and type. Blue minivan. The driving looked like a dude too. What a queer.

Quote by seemeel
Maybe if you had bought yourself a car instead of leeching off your mom, you wouldn't have this problem. Take some responsibility for your actions!

It's gonna be mine officially this summer. But if it was mine instead, I'd be in the same spot.

Quote by thamason69
park the car on the street and say someone hit it there

Can't. It'll be quite a coincidence if there was an empty spot in the driveway and I just so happened to park the car on the street.
Last edited by Twist of fate at Jun 16, 2010,
Just for interest...

Were you wearing a trilby at the time?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Find the guy who did it. He's a 'queer' right? Kill him. Kill his whole family, that means his husband and adopted kids and three dogs and a ferret. Then, go on a murderous rampage. That hasn't been done before. Oh wait, you americans actually do it all the time.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Quote by seemeel
Find the guy who did it. He's a 'queer' right? Kill him. Kill his whole family, that means his husband and adopted kids and three dogs and a ferret. Then, go on a murderous rampage. That hasn't been done before. Oh wait, you americans actually do it all the time.

You got us. I mean who hasn't heard the stereotype that all Americans get their cars dented then kill people.
Where abouts is the dent on the car? Sometimes you can use a plunger or some places sell a pop-a-dent kit. If it is out of reach though...you may have to use body scoops and a hammer...which is best left for a professional.
There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality.

I'm back!
Quote by Twist of fate
Nope, just got the color and type. Blue minivan. The driving looked like a dude too. What a queer.

It's gonna be mine officially this summer. But if it was mine instead, I'd be in the same spot.

Not a lot you can do on insurance then.

Tip for life: ALWAYS get licence plate numbers, even if an accident doesn't involve you, you have no idea how grateful people are if you give them the licence plate of the asshole who hit their car.

BTW, just realised you're the TS of the "My Life Is Bro" thread. Dude was so unchill, smashing your ride when you're trying to chill with your bros.

On the plus side, my ride's fine. MLIB
Quote by Andian03
Where abouts is the dent on the car? Sometimes you can use a plunger or some places sell a pop-a-dent kit. If it is out of reach though...you may have to use body scoops and a hammer...which is best left for a professional.

Left bumper on the top. Explain body scoops? And by plunger do you mean use it on the outside?
Quote by seemeel

Hunh...I thought it was an ongoing global thing...not just an american thing.
There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality.

I'm back!
I think the real question is:

How did you fit two cars...

in the kitchen?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Haha, last American I suggested to go on a murderous rampage got all offended and butthurt. Props to you for realising it's a joke!

Okay, now I'll be serious. Unless you can identify the guilty party, then there's nothing you can do to avoid paying the insurance premium. I'll assume the car was insured? The matter of your mother is another thing entirely. We don't know her, we don't know if she's a nut bag!

Quote by seemeel
Haha, last American I suggested to go on a murderous rampage got all offended and butthurt. Props to you for realising it's a joke!

Okay, now I'll be serious. Unless you can identify the guilty party, then there's nothing you can do to avoid paying the insurance premium. I'll assume the car was insured? The matter of your mother is another thing entirely. We don't know her, we don't know if she's a nut bag!

I knew it was a joke and Lol'd IRL. Yeah I bet I can find someone to fix it. It's not terrible. But it should be done tonight.
Quote by Andian03
Hunh...I thought it was an ongoing global thing...not just an american thing.

Well it has happened occasionally in some European countries, it's pretty isolated to America. We don't do that sort of thing in Australia.

i guess your not queer as long as your mum doesn't drive this:
its why i dont use my mums car
What kind of car is it?

A body scoop is a tool that has a handle attached to a metal piece thats curved. Some people call them body spoons too. If it is accessible, you can slip the scoop behind the panel and tap the other side with a body hammer. The idea is to have the scoop shape the dent out...not the hammer. The tap is only enough to get some kind of force going.

I'm back!
Quote by RawPower218

Fix it with miracles.

Fucking miracles! How do they work?
Member #16 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Quote by seemeel
she's a nut bag!

Mmm, Twist of Fate's Mother's nut bag....

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Andian03
What kind of car is it?

A body scoop is a tool that has a handle attached to a metal piece thats curved. Some people call them body spoons too. If it is accessible, you can slip the scoop behind the panel and tap the other side with a body hammer. The idea is to have the scoop shape the dent out...not the hammer. The tap is only enough to get some kind of force going.

Alright the plunger method sounds better than that.
I also read the hammer/screwdriver thing. Should I tap the dent from the top to try to push it back into shape? I can't reach it from behind.
Quote by seemeel
Well it has happened occasionally in some European countries, it's pretty isolated to America. We don't do that sort of thing in Australia.

I'm not going to say I am some kind of "expert" here but crap does happen in the US. I do however here stories quite often coming from other countries in the world. Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe...no part is really immune. I will admit though...you never hear much coming from Australia. I guess that has something to do with the male to female ratio there...

Needless to say...America as a whole isn't that bad...there are alot of idiots that live in it.

I'm back!
tap it just off center...very lightly...try to be pulling away at your wrist just as the hammer makes contact...but don't hit it hard. Try the plunger first though...beating metal should be your last chance option...

I'm back!
Quote by Andian03
you never hear much coming from Australia. I guess that has something to do with the male to female ratio there...

Um, here are some figures to that end.
Sex ratio (Australia)

At birth: 1.06 male(s)/female
Under 15 years: 1.05 male(s)/female
15-64 years: 1.03 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.84 male(s)/female
Total population: 1 male(s)/female (2009)

Sex ratios (United States)

* at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female
* under 15 years: 1.04 male(s)/female
* 15−64 years: 1.02 male(s)/female
* 65 years and over: 0.75 male(s)/female
* total population: 0.99 male(s)/female

I gotta say, there's not really much difference at all! So your comment is rpetty much void.

PS. Source is wikipedia...

Quote by Andian03
tap it just off center...very lightly...try to be pulling away at your wrist just as the hammer makes contact...but don't hit it hard. Try the plunger first though...beating metal should be your last chance option...

Yeah plunger didn't work.

So I hit the hammer ON the outside of the car?
Page 1 of 2