haven't seen a thread dedicated strictly to psychobilly... So here it is.

My favorite Psychobilly bands right now are:
Creepshow
Demented are Go
Phenomenauts
Koffin Kats
and Zombie Ghost Train
The Cramps is the only thing close to psychobilly anyone should be listening to.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
The Cramps is the only thing close to psychobilly anyone should be listening to.

I like you.
All bands listen in this thread are bad. The only psychobilly bands I like are Batmobile and The Meantraitors. And I've heard em all.
Well in my opinion they're pretty damn good. Never listened to the Meantraitors before, and Batmobile seem too dull to me (although I like it when they sing about aliens).
I also never really got into the cramps. The only song I really like by them is Human Fly.
I haven't really gotten into the cramps, I would like to get into them though I just haven't found a song by them which I actually like.
I like Nekromantix, Tiger army, The Creepshow, Horrorpops, Zombie Ghost Train, Bloodsucking zombies from outer space and a local band from my town Hoodoo Voodoo Dolls.

Although some people don't consider some bands I listed as Psychobilly for some reason.

EDIT: I forgot the Living End! even though they're not really that psychobilly they're still pretty ****ing awesome.
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...
Last edited by Mr Pringle at Jun 18, 2010,
Psychobilly The Matadors
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Psychobilly fans get on my nerves at concerts, as well as the music........

I can accept Kings of Nuthin for one song, but only when the contrabass player climbs on his bass. Other Psychobilly really bores, as does Rockabilly. What I´ve heard of The Cramps wasn´t that bad, but nothing good as well.
Quote by lavazza

I can accept Kings of Nuthin for one song, but only when the contrabass player climbs on his bass. Other Psychobilly really bores, as does Rockabilly. What I´ve heard of The Cramps wasn´t that bad, but nothing good as well.

If you don't mind me asking, why do the fans get on your nerves?
Quote by lavazza

Bass climbing, admittedly, is pretty awesome. That's not limited to psychobilly though. Original rockabilly and rockabilly revival artists did that.

I like original rockabilly. Psychobilly strikes me as pretty lame. Zombies zombies cars haircuts blah blah
Koffin Kats I like.
Nekromantix too.
I can appreciate some Reverand Horton Heat.
Maybe some Living End every now and then.

That's about it.
Quote by Thought_Vomit

They're all drunk assholes.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
I like you.

Me too.
I listened to The Living End's S/T album today, if that counts

I need more psychobilly shit. I'm gonna start with the Cramps, Necromantix, and Horrorpops
Quote by Thought_Vomit

On festivals they plus the 40+ **** Sparrer fans are always the ones who come with a BMW, sleep in a caravan, moan when you hit them in the pit, they hit you in a pit.....
Horrorpops suck and could barely be called psychobilly, maybe pop punk with an upright
Quote by nashawa
You're my idol, so I must destroy you
Quote by lavazza

I don't see why brought rockabilly into this. The two have nothing to do with one another.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
I don't see why brought rockabilly into this. The two have nothing to do with one another.

Yes they do, and you know it.
I think the most ridiculous thing about psychobilly is that psychobilly exists. Wouldn't one band playing gothy-horror-punk tunes with a rockabilly vibe and a double bass suffice? I mean, maybe it was sorta cool the first time it was done, but why do a bunch of bands feel like they need to follow that same formula?

I mean, I guess you could say the same thing about every pop-punk (or any other sub genre) band, but at least they don't have some lame aesthetic theme associated with them.

I dunno. I guess it can be appealing in the sense that ninth grade me thought punk rockers with mohawks and studded leather jackets was appealing. But I'm not too proud to call ninth grade me out on being a total dork, so I'll call psychobilly on it too!
Quote by neidnarb11890

I mean, I guess you could say the same thing about every pop-punk (or any other sub genre) band, but at least they don't have some lame aesthetic theme associated with them.

...really?

A lot of subgenres have lame aesthetic themes associated. I'd probably go as far as saying that MOST of them do.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Right. Which is why I find them silly.
I guess the parenthetical afterthought that I through in kind of through my point off-course. I don't feel that pop-punk, which I chose as a specific example because I like (at least a good deal) of it, doesn't have a lame aesthetic theme.

What I'm trying to say is that a psychobilly band is a psychobilly band, and will never be anything more than a psychobilly band, and I'd rather listen to a band that's able to transcend the cliches of any particular sub-genre. Like how Husker Du transcend hardcore punk or Sleater-Kinney transcend riot grrrl. Those bands weren't tied down by any pompadour-and-horror type themes.

My main point is that I think psychobilly's lame, and if you disagree, fine.
Haha, no, I totally agree. Just pointing out that most sub-genre scenes are just as ridiculous.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Red-Rockabilly

musicially they seem to be closely related, I don´t know the history of both, just that rockabilly is older, and that The Meteors claim to be the only Psychobilly band. But anyway whenever I saw Psychobilly bands on a festival or Rockabilly bands (there have been some in town during the last years), their fanbase was the same, and Rockabilly was only less aggressive and with another stage appearance
Quote by neidnarb11890
I think the most ridiculous thing about psychobilly is that psychobilly exists. Wouldn't one band playing gothy-horror-punk tunes with a rockabilly vibe and a double bass suffice? I mean, maybe it was sorta cool the first time it was done, but why do a bunch of bands feel like they need to follow that same formula?

Couldn't that be said for ANY genre of music? Why I'd anyone follow the same general formula of the Stooges and make punk exist? Or Black Sabbath with metal? Or hell Chuck Berry with the whole rock music genre?
People played what they liked, and it wasn't like everyone copied one band psychobilly popped up around the same time on both sides of the Atlantic
Quote by nashawa
Quote by lavazza
musicially they seem to be closely related, I don´t know the history of both, just that rockabilly is older, and that The Meteors claim to be the only Psychobilly band. But anyway whenever I saw Psychobilly bands on a festival or Rockabilly bands (there have been some in town during the last years), their fanbase was the same, and Rockabilly was only less aggressive and with another stage appearance

If Psychobilly was simply more aggressive Rockabilly I'd be a fan. Psychobilly is just crappy punk music played by guys with pompadours.
Quote by neidnarb11890

I dunno. I guess it can be appealing in the sense that ninth grade me thought punk rockers with mohawks and studded leather jackets was appealing. But I'm not too proud to call ninth grade me out on being a total dork, so I'll call psychobilly on it too!

That's a good point, I totally get where you're coming from. My answer is that people like the way the formula is presented, it's a good genre to listen to and obviously it has a big enough fan base for people wanting to re-create it but they don't want to mix it up too much.

Sure not a lot of progress might happen with the genre, but whenever a psychobilly slightly mixs up the genre, some individuals don't call them psychobilly anymore. I don't know, I like psychobilly and will continue too listen to it.
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...
perhaps you guys have heard of the pioneers of German Psychobilly..
MAD SIN ANYBODY????
ALL MURDER ALL GUTS ALL FUN
Quote by TheReverend724
I listened to The Living End's S/T album today, if that counts

Nope, that doesn't count, it just makes you a fag. Sorry.

My favourite psychobilly band are COLD MEGAN.
Yup, two of those are on Black Prince.

"I ain't no Elvis" & "Glitterbilly Kitten"

I'll get to it in the week. As it stands I'm about five minutes from killing myself so I really can't be f*cked atm.
I like the resurrex or how ever the **** you spell it, the cramps and nekromantix the best. Cold Megan is pretty good too
Quote by nashawa
Reverend Horton Heat and Nekromantix is basically the extent of my psychobilly listening material.

I have a soft spot for the Brains too, but that might only be because I met them I couple times.

EDIT: I forgot Asmodeus from Holland