So about 6 months ago I finally learned to multi-task well enough to sing and play at the same time. I have no formal vocal training save for a year of chorus in the 4th grade (about 13 years ago). So anyway I've got all the problems you'd expect like limited range and whatnot but the most glaring thing I've noticed is the tendancy for my voice to fall flat. I've been told it has something to do with the way I'm breathing, which is great and all but I have no idea how to fix it. I have considered getting a vocal coach (It'd be nice if I could find a vocal coach and guitar teacher rolled into one) but I just wanted to see if you guys had any tips first. Thanks!
i know exactly what you're talking about. my voice does the same thing. for me it's all about the throat and letting the tone fall flat. it's definitely worse for lower, quieter notes for me.

i'd say be aware of your larynx falling way down when it happens. if so, practice keeping it steady.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Read up on using the diaphragm to breathe. really helps once you get the hang of it, its like raising the action on your guitar strings...waaay better sustain
Last edited by SilverSpurs616 at Jun 16, 2010,