...haha, pun.

It looks scary at first, but now I wish I could hold my breath that long to achieve what he did.

http://aquaviews.net/amazing-videosworld-champion-free-diver-free-falls-blue-hole/

Don't really know how to make this into a specific topic driven thread, but I did not know where else to put this.

Topic idea:

IF YOU COULD HOLD YOUR BREATH UNDERWATER FOR A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF TIME, WHAT CRAZY/FUN/COOL THINGS WOULD YOU DO?

(LIKE DIVE INTO A GIANT UNDERWATER HOLE AND PRETEND TO CLIMB BACK OUT)
Last edited by Mugg74 at Jun 17, 2010,
Wow, that is scary, the only way it could get scarier is if there was Chuck Norris at the bottom.
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
That is a terrifying depth. It's incredible he could hold his breath that long.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
That's amazing, the video wouldn't load for me so I assume you're watching this one?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
well, in the absence of a topic, I vote we turn this into. "what discussion topics can you pull from this article"

my ideas:
Crazy shit no one reading these forums will ever do
lulz at the '10ers
100001 ways to drown
I have an IDEA for a good topic for this thread.

IF YOU COULD HOLD YOUR BREATH UNDERWATER FOR A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF TIME, WHAT CRAZY/FUN/COOL THINGS WOULD YOU DO (LIKE DIVE INTO A GIANT UNDERWATER HOLE AND PRETEND TO CLIMB BACK OUT)
I have an IDEA for a good topic for this thread.

IF YOU COULD HOLD YOUR BREATH UNDERWATER FOR A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF TIME, WHAT CRAZY/FUN/COOL THINGS WOULD YOU DO (LIKE DIVE INTO A GIANT UNDERWATER HOLE AND PRETEND TO CLIMB BACK OUT)
Fcuking amazing... I could never hope to get anywhere close to even attempting such a thing.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
That is amazing. But how the hell do you avoid nitrogen narcosis/ the bends? It's not like SCUBA where you have stopping points before surfacing to allow nitrogen to return back to a gas state and get rid of it.
If you go on youtube it tells you they did it in separate takes, but still, amazing.
cig
Quote by celticstorm84
That is amazing. But how the hell do you avoid nitrogen narcosis/ the bends? It's not like SCUBA where you have stopping points before surfacing to allow nitrogen to return back to a gas state and get rid of it.

I was wondering the same thing. But is it different if you are holding your breath? I think it is, because if you have ever seen a diving competition, they dive down really far and really fast and then race back to the top to get air. I think the bends only occurs while using an air tank.
Quote by celticstorm84

I think, but don't quote me on this, that their not diving far enough for nitrogen buildup to take place.

And also he releases all the air in his lungs before he breaks the surface.

I think thats why
I hail from Arizona, USA. Call me a tuskan raider (star wars)

I LOVE YOU

Yes, as you have guessed, unless it was related to bacon, the above post was probably foolish and immature. I'm sorry.
Last edited by Mr. Smith at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by Mugg74
I was wondering the same thing. But is it different if you are holding your breath? I think it is, because if you have ever seen a diving competition, they dive down really far and really fast and then race back to the top to get air. I think the bends only occurs while using an air tank.

Oh boy I feel dumb, you're absolutely correct. There are different air mixes for SCUBA tanks that help reduce bends but it's usually for technical dives. Free divers gotta race back and don't have to worry about it much at all. I'd imagine blood pooling is more of a concern than anything...especially to extremities. Probably have to have amazing cardio.
Crazy. That's insane beyond belief.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Quote by celticstorm84

That's what I was thinking. Perhaps the video is a little deceiving and makes it look as if he's going a lot deeper than he actually is. Not that I'm at all taking away from what this guy did.

Edit: nvm, Mugg74 with the explanation
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Last edited by RageAgnstUrJaw at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by Mugg74
I feel like this could be a "Sigur Ros" music video of some kind

I was watching it with Fljótavík playing actually, fit in much better

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Thank you for posting this. For a second there I had a sinking feeling that he was not going to make it, but just like people in life, he came back to the surface. That's deep man.
The playground of the world
HOW DO YOU PRETEND TO CLIMB OUT OF A HOLE WITHOUT ACTUALLY CLIMBING OUT OF A HOLE?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
HOW DO YOU PRETEND TO CLIMB OUT OF A HOLE WITHOUT ACTUALLY CLIMBING OUT OF A HOLE?

I guess that sounded pretty stupid. But, I meant how he acts as if he is rock climbing when he can simply just swim up.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I was watching it with Fljótavík playing actually, fit in much better

Im going to try that right now!
Quote by Eddie4President
Thank you for posting this. For a second there I had a sinking feeling that he was not going to make it, but just like people in life, he came back to the surface. That's deep man.

Oh how I enjoy puns.
Quote by Mugg74
Im going to try that right now!

Oh my!

It matched up absolutely perfectly. I started these two videos at almost exactly the same time (maybe a second off at the most) and they fit perfectly together!

I highly recommend trying this if you are a Sigur Ros fan or just love this video.

Play these at the exact same time. Mute the volume of the diving video. Sit back, and be amazed

http://aquaviews.net/amazing-videosworld-champion-free-diver-free-falls-blue-hole/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHnP_NNv_3A

The pick-ups in the song match perfectly with him jumping off o the cliff and then landing at the bottom.
Quote by Mugg74

Oh how I enjoy puns.

What? You expect more from me? Don't hold your breath is all I can say.
Mugg74, you have to learn to edit your posts and put more than one though into a post. You're not supposed to post twice in a row, but you're doing 3's and 4's.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
Mugg74, you have to learn to edit your posts and put more than one though into a post. You're not supposed to post twice in a row, but you're doing 3's and 4's.

Oh give him a break! He's just trying to keep his head above water here!
Quote by Eddie4President
Oh give him a break! He's just trying to keep his head above water here!

You better be careful. You're in way over your head.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker

It seems I am not wanted here, so i guess ill have to just wave goodbye.
Quote by AeroRocker
You better be careful. You're in way over your head.

See this? I'm just waving goodbye at you and this thread, right now.

EDDIT: **** THIS!
Quote by Mugg74
It seems I am not wanted here, so i guess ill have to just wave goodbye.

Woah easy man! I'm just trying to correct you before it turns into flamming or warnings!
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
Woah easy man! I'm just trying to correct you before it turns into flamming or warnings!

Hey man, I was just oceaning around with you. We are all water here.