Poll: Rebel 20 or Rebel 30
Poll Options
View poll results: Rebel 20 or Rebel 30
Rebel 20
0 0%
Rebel 30
9 100%
Voters: 9.
Right Now I'm looking t the egnater rebel series for a new amp. The rebel 20 is a lot cheaper but only one channel. the rebel 30 is more but two channel, one dirty one clean.

I read in some reviews that while the rebel 20 is excellent the rebel 30 has some problems that aren't worth the extra money and channel. Can anyone confirm this?

"TOO FAST TO LIVE TOO YOUNG TO DIE"
i like the rebel 30 better because its got more clean headroom and can get dirtier. also the option for a combo just makes it easier to move around. i dont know if the 20 would be able to play over a drummer
Quote by rkp1992
i like the rebel 30 better because its got more clean headroom and can get dirtier. also the option for a combo just makes it easier to move around. i dont know if the 20 would be able to play over a drummer

sounds like your finally someone whos actually played one of these amps. How well does the watt/tuube dials work

Quote by rkp1992
i dont know if the 20 would be able to play over a drummer

This is a tube amp we're talking about.
Quote by T_5ky_K
sounds like your finally someone whos actually played one of these amps. How well does the watt/tuube dials work

the wattage knob does nothing for the volume however it does change the headroom quite a bit. its cool for some breakup without having to crank the volume
Quote by rkp1992
the wattage knob does nothing for the volume however it does change the headroom quite a bit. its cool for some breakup without having to crank the volume

well thats basically the idea because for practicing overdriven sound being too loud is a bigger problem then clean

I own a lot of amps and have played a lot of different amps over the years. For the last 3 or 4 years I standardized on a Peavey Classic 30 "stack" as my small-club system of choice. It had the best balance of good clean, good overdrive, small in size and weight and was the best bang for the buck in the smallest footprint.

While I still stand by my Peavey Classic 30s, I recently started leaving them at home in favor of my latest small amp "stack"... the Egnater Rebel 30 112 combo. The Rebel 30 is only a little larger than the Classic 30, but it has better clean tones AND high gain AND overdrive tones. When you stack it with its matching 112x sealed extension cabinet it sounds a lot larger than the 30 watts would suggest.

I had to modify my Peavey Classic 30s with more efficient speakers (Celestion Vintage 30 in Avatar Hellatone clothing) to make it play louder, Weber Beam Blockers (to tame to high end when used with a Strat), a tube cage and foam restrainer to protect the output tubes and a fan to keep it cool:

The Rebel 30 only required that I add a fan, everything else was great as designed:

The first time I played the Rebel 30 stack it was so easy to dial it in and everyone complimented me on my tone and commented on how good it sounded "in the mix" with the other band members. The amp "felt" right which in turn caused me to feel more comfortable with my tone and I played better. This amp has been more inspirational to me on its first outing than most after a much longer period of time ...if ever!

I haven't played a Rebel 20 and I cannot comment on the reliability of the Rebel 30 (I bought mine as a damaged return and had to repair it so I have no first-hand experience with it "out of the box"). However, it appears to be very well made internally and mine is still serving me well after a few months.

YMMV

Steve
If you are planning to buy new, don't let the slight chance of a fault occuring deter you from buying one, because all amps have at least 12 months guarantee, and each shop has a legal binding to provide a replacement / money back / repair if the product breaks down from no fault of your own. Obviously that includes valves and fuses.

I can't say I've played the Rebel 30 but I have tried the 20, and it is indeed a great amp, defo. I've loved everything Egnater have released that I've tried. But if you need the additional, on-the-fly versatility, the 30 watt version may be more appropriate.

I think if you're an old-school musician who has years of experience under their belt, a single channel amp is generally all you'll ever need, particularly if you're not gigging. But if you're kinda new to the whole amp thing and you wanna jam with a band, I think two channels is almost essential. That's just my opinion.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Jun 17, 2010,