Yep, a NAD! Finally! Took me a while to get the money to buy it .

So, without further a-do, I'll get some pics!

Hm.. Looks like it might be a....?

Black Flag JTM50 clone! Costed $750 and arrived a few hours ago. I was at work however, and I got home at 11pm and opened it right up.

Unfortunately, for many of you, I do not have a speaker cabinet at the moment. I am hoping to have that ordered by tomorrow and hopefully it'll be here next week . I'm going to see if I can bring it over to a friend's house to try it out so I can write up a review for you guys, but that will have to be tomorrow.

For those who don't know what the JTM50 is. The JTM50 is the transitional Marshall that was made before the plexis. From what I know/read (Correct me if I am wrong, please) the JTM50 was made when Jim Marshall and his wife were divorcing, which is when he started putting JMP instead of JTM on the front face plate. The layout of the JTM50 is much like the plexi, except it has a tube rectifier and not an SS.

Looks nice, vintage, and well built. It'll be a good match up with my EJ strat .
Last edited by FallsDownStairs at Jun 17, 2010,
NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE.

Clips as soon as possible please? I REALLY want to hear how this thing sounds.
Sweet, JTMs are great amps. Congrats!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by AcousticMirror
thats very very nice.

who built that? it looks sweet.

The person I bought it from, actually. Let me find the description from ebay lol.

Here:

Metro amp chassis [steel] Marstran Transformers and choke, on off and stand by switches are Made in England and very hard to get, all top quality parts, Custom made plexi panels with Black flag JTM Logo all controls are CTS Brand,Knobs are exact like orig, 1960s New old stock, Small Bulgin brand AC plug and cord, it has half Mustard caps from the 1960s and early 1970s and half Sozo caps,

Tubes are NOS RFT Power tubes JJ Preamp tubes and jj rectifier,

Doesn't answer your question exactly, but I guess some people might be satisfied knowing the parts that were put into it.

Quote by philip999
NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE.

Clips as soon as possible please? I REALLY want to hear how this thing sounds.

Gotta wait. I know, it sucks, because I have to wait too!

I'll try to get some clips up fast for you guys though.
The main thing of note between the JTM45 and the JTM50 was that was when they switched to EL34s and became the Marshalls we all know and love. During the JTM50 run they also phased out tube rectifiers, so some of the really old ones had a GZ34. It is the first time we saw the configuration that would go on to become the beloved Plexis. It is an important amp in Marshall history.
So, peek in the back. did they use a GZ34 or a SS rectifier? Just curious which version they cloned.

Oh, and HNAD

Edit. Oh I see from your last post (which you did while I was typing) that it's using a valve rectifier...... interesting.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by Cathbard
The main thing of note between the JTM45 and the JTM50 was that was when they switched to EL34s and became the Marshalls we all know and love. During the JTM50 run they also phased out tube rectifiers, so some of the really old ones had a GZ34. It is the first time we saw the configuration that would go on to become the beloved Plexis. It is an important amp in Marshall history.
So, peek in the back. did they use a GZ34 or a SS rectifier? Just curious which version they cloned.

Oh, and HNAD

Edit. Oh I see from your last post (which you did while I was typing) that it's using a valve rectifier...... interesting.

Eh, I'm not really sure to be honest on all that. If you want some gut shots, here's the link to the ebay add. He has gut shots in it, so if you want the inspection of whats inside, you can see it there.

I'm only saying that because I can't find a screwdriver to open up the back at the moment. Clicky!

EDIT:

Looking at the gut shots myself. To me, and I'm not really all that amp savvy to be honest, it looks to me like it is the GZ34.
Last edited by FallsDownStairs at Jun 17, 2010,
thats really nice. not many marshally amps with tube recs made anymore.
is that using the mercury mag or the custom metro amp transformers?

man 750 is amazing. parts alone cost more then that.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
he said metro earlier
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae