Page 1 of 3
Simply put, what are some things people would give you shit about liking if they found out about it?

I, for example, like Dane Cook (even though a lot of people, especially on the internet, hate him). Yeah, he's not the greatest stand-up, but I'd be a liar if I said he hasn't gotten some good laughs out of me. I also think Kathy Griffin is funny (I know, I know...). Really, even though I hate when people always bash comedians, there's only 3 that I really don't like; Lewis Black (not in any way funny. Just obnoxious), Carlos Mencia and Lisa Lampanelli (I don't care how innappropriate comedy is. Hers just sucks).

I also liked the Star Wars prequels. Not as good as the originals, but they were pretty damn entertaining, and some of the planets and scenic shots were just pure artwork (and Revenge Of The Sith in my opinion is comparable to the originals). They were just overhyped, and it's hard to compare to the original Star Wars with today's audience.

Anyways, you guise?
I agree with the Star Wars prequels, except for Episode 1 which I don't like as much now, although I did at first.
Jazz. Doesnt seem like it, but everytime I say it, someone goes, "Duuuude, wtf. How can you listen to that stuff?"
alton brown from the food network

and i agree with the first star wars prequel maybe because its because it was such a big part of my childhood
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
I like Lewis Black, when I hear him talk I don't have the idea I'm listening to some idiot making stupid noises to be funny.

I'm also a fan of swimming.
For me, country and bluegrass music is what I get the most "dude, wtf" responses from. That said, I do listen to Lady Gaga, Nickelback, Toto, and a lot of other easy-to-hate-on artists.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Well some people derive their self-worth from the things they like. For whatever reason. It's why everyone seems to like "good" music but at the same time, they are the only ones who can judge and find said music.

I really like Classical music, but everyone else prefers Lil Wayne. Which is not a bad thing, nor am I being condescending, but I like what I like.
Last edited by The Spoon at Jun 17, 2010,
Any extreme metal tends to get that response. And Sunn 0))). And Sonic Youth. And Shoegaze. And Post Rock.
To address Madcap's post (Madcap has consistently good threads so I shan't refer to him as TS), I hate to admit that I kinda sorta enjoy Dane Cook from time to time, and I think the Star Wars prequels were at least noteworthy. Some good action scenes, and Mace Windu was cool, but then name a Sam Jackson who isn't cool. But I like Lewis Black. Not so much that I can't understand your dislike, but I like him.

As for what I like that would get me shit, I can't think of anything right now, but it's 2 AM so cut me some slack. The only thing coming to mind is that I love The Raconteurs as much if not more than The White Stripes.

Wait, I just remembered I no one at my school likes Jazz or Big Band music, so that's mine. In my defense, there's an unnatural amount of theater geeks at my school who post things on facebook like, "GOT THE SOUNDTRACK TO PHANTOM OF THE OPERA DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" so they have no room to talk. Yeah some musicals are good, but most are trash.
Last edited by cornmancer at Jun 17, 2010,
Dude, how can you NOT like Thin Lizzy???
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by cornmancer
To address Madcap's post (Madcap has consistently good threads so I shan't refer to him as TS), I hate to admit that I kinda sorta enjoy Dane Cook from time to time, and I think the Star Wars prequels were at least noteworthy. Some good action scenes, and Mace Windu was cool, but then name a Sam Jackson who isn't cool. But I like Lewis Black. Not so much that I can't understand your dislike, but I like him.

As for what I like that would get me shit, I can't think of anything right now, but it's 2 AM so cut me some slack. The only thing coming to mind is that I love The Raconteurs as much if not more than The White Stripes.

Fyi he hates it when you don't have the "The" in his name.

On topic, people are like that to me when I say that I like death/black metal.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by cornmancer
...I hate to admit ...

Another thing, people should stand up for what they like. Don't be ashamed of liking Dane Cook, you shouldn't feel bad about that, even if it goes against the majority opinion. I've seen too many people apologize for something/someone that's generally frowned upon for simply liking it ,and it's sad to watch. I'm not trying to lecture you or anything though, so don't take it negatively
Last edited by The Spoon at Jun 17, 2010,
Pugs. I have two. A few people I've met think they're ugly.

Also Pearl Jam.
GEAR:
Musicman Sterling
Epiphone Flying V Bass
BC Rich Platinum Warlock Bass
Fender BG-31 MTB Acoustic/Electric Bass
Warwick Blue Cab 60 60W 1x12 Bass Combo Amp
Last edited by L30 at Jun 17, 2010,
Modern MINI Coopers and dropped Silverados.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by RipeFlesh
Fyi he hates it when you don't have the "The" in his name.

On topic, people are like that to me when I say that I like death/black metal.

I said consistently good, not consistently great.
Quote by The Spoon
Another thing, people should stand up for what they like. Don't be ashamed of liking Dane Cook, you shouldn't feel bad about that, even if it goes against the majority opinion. I've seen too many people apologize for something/someone that's generally frowned upon for simply liking it ,and it's sad to watch. I'm not trying to lecture you or anything though, so don't take it negatively

but the thing is, I hate to admit it because I'm ashamed of liking him, I hate to admit because most of the jokes are bad and he's a douche, but some of them are hilarious.
Christian rap. As a child, I was only allowed to listen to Christian music, and I discovered KJ-52 and Lecrae and surprisingly really liked it. I had one of my friends listen to one of the songs and he asked when I started listening to Eminem. I like it, even though no one else seems to know of either of them.

KJ-52: Revenge of the Nerds
Lecrae: Death Story
Black metal. And they're actually referring to Slayer. Sad, I know.
Two bands I'm obsessed about : Coheed and Cambria.
"dude, how can you like metallica/slayer/destruction/any other metal band?"

these are most responses you will get throughout my school. you know with everyone being into techno and all that.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by The Madcap
Simply put, what are some things people would give you shit about liking if they found out about it?

I, for example, like Dane Cook (even though a lot of people, especially on the internet, hate him). Yeah, he's not the greatest stand-up, but I'd be a liar if I said he hasn't gotten some good laughs out of me.

I actually ended up playing Call Of Duty with him online one night. He's the nicest guy ever.
Pretty much any music other than classic rock/hard rock/metal/any other rock-derived music that's predominately white.
Nintendo, especially older video games, which is fucking bullshit because not many games today can rival their epicness.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
I actually ended up playing Call Of Duty with him online one night. He's the nicest guy ever.

I don't want to sound like I'm accusing you, but I am. But then MW2 does have random matches, so I suppose celebrities don't have the private servers that I'm almost positive they do.
Quote by cornmancer
I don't want to sound like I'm accusing you, but I am. But then MW2 does have random matches, so I suppose celebrities don't have the private servers that I'm almost positive they do.

it was probably Game with Fame...they have celebs play online...

As for the "how can you like..." around here, it's long songs or instrumentals

Ah...closed minded people...
Quote by devourke
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Well Taz is just full retard
I think you'll find that the more acceptable term is "australian"

Funniest Exchange i've read on UG

I would have consensual relations with Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Call me Dean or Vill
On UG:
- U2
- Coldplay

In real life:
- Bacardi Breezers. Call 'em chick drinks all you want, they taste amazing.

Quote by :Vicious--
"dude, how can you like metallica/slayer/destruction/any other metal band?"

these are most responses you will get throughout my school. you know with everyone being into house/euro and all that.

fix'd. Get it right
My Ex Girlfriend made me read the twilight books, I kinda enjoyed them...
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
NickelBack? I don't really like them that much, but they are alright, I don't get why all the hate? Jazz too definitely, and instrumentals of all sorts.
I like the Star Wars prequels
I love dragonforce
I also really like Survivor (tv show)
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by ShaggyDan
Savage Garden, which is silly because they are awesome.

Savage Garden is ****ing awsome!

Nickleback....Final Fantasy XI... Final Fantasy XIII.... Lady Gaga.... Pepper....

Can't think atm but I know there is more I will think of lol.
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Metal music, in particular I get a lot of crap about loving Cannibal Corpse. People seem to think they actually go out and do the things they sing about...
Hardcore dancing and moshing.
To be honest, most of the things I do and like get questioned in real life.
Page 1 of 3