View poll results: soo who was he?
Teddy
1 5%
Andrew
11 52%
I dunno didnt see it
9 43%
Voters: 21.
i just watched shutter island and my mind is totally fried. what the hell was that. it was good and i got the plot but who the hell was he?
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
If you really don't know who he was at the end then you didn't get the plot.
I'M A COWBOY
*MASSIVE SPOILER*

he created the identity Edward Daniels which was an anagram of his actual name Andrew Laeddis.
/thread
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Last edited by Wylde_Guitarist at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by loaded_
If you really don't know who he was at the end then you didn't get the plot.

how can you say that there is just as much evidence both ways.
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

okok its starting to process a bit now. so he was actually andrew and at the end chuck was calling him teddy just to console him?
roland AC90

Quote by Skagasm
okok its starting to process a bit now. so he was actually andrew and at the end chuck was calling him teddy just to console him?

Holy shit I just watched that movie tonight as well!

The doctor mentioned that they had broken through nine months before, but then Andrew had regressed. At the end, that is exactly what happened again. Andrew forgot about being Andrew; he convinced himself that he was Teddy Daniels, that his wife had died in a fire set by Andrew Laddeis, that the doctors were plotting against him, etc. That is why he calls Sheehan the name Chuck. I guess he is taken to be lobotomized, like the doctor mentioned, but they don't spell that out.

Also, I preferred the book. I read it before seeing the movie, and in the book there are more anagrams so that, if you take the time to figure them out, you can start to get a picture of who Teddy really is.
Quote by iro-bot31
Holy shit I just watched that movie tonight as well!

The doctor mentioned that they had broken through nine months before, but then Andrew had regressed. At the end, that is exactly what happened again. Andrew forgot about being Andrew; he convinced himself that he was Teddy Daniels, that his wife had died in a fire set by Andrew Laddeis, that the doctors were plotting against him, etc. That is why he calls Sheehan the name Chuck. I guess he is taken to be lobotomized, like the doctor mentioned, but they don't spell that out.

Also, I preferred the book. I read it before seeing the movie, and in the book there are more anagrams so that, if you take the time to figure them out, you can start to get a picture of who Teddy really is.

really what does the book have that the movie lacked?
roland AC90

Quote by Skagasm
really what does the book have that the movie lacked?

For once, the movie actually followed the book pretty closely. I just liked that the flashbacks were more clear-cut in the book; in the movie they went all over the place. Also, for the "Rule of 4/Who is 67?" thing, in the book it says:

The Law of 4

I am 47
They were 80

+You are 3

We are 4
But
Who is 67?

Which ends up spelling out Rachel Solando's name

And a bunch of riddles like that that help clue you in when they are solved.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Jun 17, 2010,
damn i gotta read the book too. so any other good mind melting movies besides this and fightclub
roland AC90

I figured out the twist the first time I saw a trailer for it.

Decent movie though.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Skagasm

basically.
and at the end he doesnt regress. he calls the guy chuck, to make him think he did so they would give him the lobotomy, because itll make him completely forget what he did to his wife and finding his kids dead. thats why he asks him if its better to live as a monster or die as a hero right before they take him away.

use yo brain man!
or stick to watching dora the explora
(kidding)