So I've been around here for quite awhile, self-taught a lot of what I know from UG. So I come to the pit for life assistance ( smart eh? ) here it goes. I just went through a rough break-up with my girl of 3 years ; guess she is deciding she wants to be free and all that great non-sense. We're young, I'm 19 and she's 21. I also came out of a band of 5 years last year ( about a year and a half ) and have got nothing going on. I'm currently going to Houston Community College and i feel like my life is a tired bore of shit.

Los Angeles has always been my "city" ( considering I look up to bands like Guns and Crue etc ) obviously the music scene is no where near the same and thank god for it but it does present more chances than Houston as far as music goes. Now I'm not planning on transferring to a proper university until about a year or 2, seeing as last year was my first semester in college. I'm considering moving to LA to pursue both music and attend community college. I feel like I'm trapped in my city, with my band and my girlfriend both gone it really does feel pointless. So pit...assess the situation....
Are you asking us to tell you not to move to LA?

Also,
I also came out of a band of 5 years last year ( about a year and a half )

wut.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Might I advise you to move to Austin first, the scene there would be more happening then home, but you would be close enough (I think, but I dunno shit about what cities are where in Texas) that if you failed or got tired of it all or whatever you would be able to come home easier than if you were in LA.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by JayT44
Are you asking us to tell you not to move to LA?

Also,

wut.

I was in a band for 5 years and we broke up about a year to a year and a half ago...

No, I just want an outside perspective on a pretty big choice in my life.

Quote by slaptasticdave
Might I advise you to move to Austin first, the scene there would be more happening then home, but you would be close enough (I think, but I dunno shit about what cities are where in Texas) that if you failed or got tired of it all or whatever you would be able to come home easier than if you were in LA.

Been to Austin a lot for shows/gigs with the previous band. Great city, but I guess on a personal level I want to shed the life I have right now. I know too many faces in Austin ya know?
Last edited by Nirvana_RATM2 at Jun 17, 2010,
Ship up to Austin
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
So you...

*puts on sunglasses*

...Wannabe In LA?
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Echohead
Do something romantic and win her back!

Unfortunately for me life doesn't work like that, you can't force someone to love you or be in a relationship.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Unfortunately for me life doesn't work like that, you can't force someone to love you or be in a relationship.

Oh I realize that man but if you can't picture yourself doing something to save said relationship then the relationship was probably meaningless in the first place.
Quote by Echohead
Oh I realize that man but if you can't picture yourself doing something to save said relationship then the relationship was probably meaningless in the first place.

Well it's a bit more complicated then that my friend. We had up's and down's and I've done some pretty romantic stuff to keep everything going in the first place. But there isn't much I can do you know. She wants to be single and she doesn't know what she wants in life. It's just painfully apparent she just wants to do the whole party and mingle shit. No matter what I show or do it'll just be desperate attempts and make me look more like a basketcase ex than a romantic lover trying to save.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Well it's a bit more complicated then that my friend. We had up's and down's and I've done some pretty romantic stuff to keep everything going in the first place. But there isn't much I can do you know. She wants to be single and she doesn't know what she wants in life. It's just painfully apparent she just wants to do the whole party and mingle shit. No matter what I show or do it'll just be desperate attempts and make me look more like a basketcase ex than a romantic lover trying to save.

You sound like a nice guy, and forgive me for sounding like a broken record but there's plenty more fish in the sea.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2

Sometimes do you give yourself the creeps?

Does your mind play tricks on you sometimes?

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

EDIT: I'm sorry, I should at least try and help while I'm being a dick.

I don't really know what to tell you except don't get too down about it. If it's meant to be, it will be.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Jun 17, 2010,
Grab some Dawn, go East, and save a Pelican. After you do something selfless for a month or two, if you still feel empty and wanna take a Greyhound Bus off to LA then by all means go for it, that way at least you can tell the girls out there while your playing for pennys on Sunset Strip that you decided to come out to LA while you were gently washing the oil from an Albatross's eyes...

If your gonna go cliche go cliche with panche,

James
Personally, I'd take some trips up there to start, scope out the scene, try and connect with some people...You don't want to drop yourself in a situation like that only to find yourself feeling isolated.
yeah man go to LA because when you form a rockin' band you'll have a kickass band origin story. If it don't pan out you can just move back to houston *shrug*
...And while you're scoping it out, you can buy the bottle of Dawn you'll be needing for this. Lol.

Quote by IronFeliks
Grab some Dawn, go East, and save a Pelican. After you do something selfless for a month or two, if you still feel empty and wanna take a Greyhound Bus off to LA then by all means go for it, that way at least you can tell the girls out there while your playing for pennys on Sunset Strip that you decided to come out to LA while you were gently washing the oil from an Albatross's eyes...

If your gonna go cliche go cliche with panche,

James
Try to discover something else you're passionate about (and by that I mean career-wise) and work your ass off until you get it. It sounds like you have no strong goals right now, and thus have no clue what to do next. If music is what you live for, then just move to LA and do whatever it is you have to do to get to where you want to go. Balls to the wall, friend.
Quote by burndttoast
Try to discover something else you're passionate about (and by that I mean career-wise) and work your ass off until you get it. It sounds like you have no strong goals right now, and thus have no clue what to do next. If music is what you live for, then just move to LA and do whatever it is you have to do to get to where you want to go. Balls to the wall, friend.

Well I'm going to school for Computer Information Science, a bit like engineering but not as hard. But music is most def' my number one passion. I just hate the tired old cliche of "movin' out yer parents out n becomin' famous" you know. But i'm not counting on that I just want to pursue my passions in a different city, different environment. Get away from what i have going on here. My parents are actually supportive of my choice to head down there, and I'm due for a vacation down there at the end of July!