Hey guys,

My music teacher has surprised me (not in a good way) by asking if I could play a piece at a show in about 2 weeks time, and I've got nothing flashy to play. Someone suggested I play Canon Rock because i'm alright with sweeps, but even then I still need to practice the ones from this song. I've condensed it down to about 6 pages of music.

What i'm asking is, do you guys think 2 weeks is enough time to practice a quite technical, unfamiliar piece well enough to play live in front of perhaps 300+ people? I'll be putting probably 1-3 hours every day and perhaps 4 - 5 hours on weekends practice in.

Thanks!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I don't think anyone can possibly answer this but you. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable trying this but then again that's because I know the piece and I know where my weaknesses are with regards to it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
2 weeks usually isn't enough time for me, but as zaphod said it's up to you. Depending on the song, I'm not usually satisfied with it until I can get it virtually flawless.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Does it have to be flashy? You could play something slower and / or easier that you can nail with good tone... if I was an audience member I'd probably rather listen to something easy that sounds good than something technical played imperfectly. Good luck either way though...
Look at something a little less harder, may I suggest Van Halen's Ereuption?
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS