I want to buy a new guitar but i wouldnt have much of a clue about what one to get.
i already own a fender strat.

I want to buy a guitar (possibly ibanez, esp jackson) that would be great for playing stuff like bullet for my valentine, avenged sevenfold, iron maiden, metallica, etc.
My budget is about $1000 au, and any help at all would be greatly appreciated, if you need any more info just ask, thanks.
what amp are you using?

most of your tone is generated through that.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
I think you'll be set w/ any thing w/ active humbuckers
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
id say split the money, cuz u need a new amp AND a new guitar, go with schecter they have good low priced guitars, like the damien elite, and then maybe go with a peavy or metal amp of that breed

IE: http://www.amazon.com/Schecter-Damien-Electric-Guitar-Handed/dp/B0033AHUWU

and then : http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_ValveKing%20112%20Guitar%20Combo%20Amp_-1_10052_10002_-49979447?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Guitar%20Combo%20Amps-_-ValveKing%20112%20Guitar%20Combo%20Amp-_-PVK112CXX

now mind you that these are from american websites, idk if they sell em in Austalia but i converted the prices and they are around $1123.50
Eh.
Damiens are shit but damien elites IMO are damn good, they have mahogany bodes, bolt on maple neck, ACTIVE (very important for EMGs) emgs, figured maple top

EDIT: if u can find them (cuz they're brand new and i haven't seen em in stores) and are willing to add a lil bit more money, get the hellraiser special, its a good budget step back from the hellraiser, which i think might be too pricy for your overall budget, and my amp recommendation
Eh.
Last edited by Himelnator at Jun 17, 2010,
They make guitars with a metal core? I will have one with depleted uranium please!!
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Tim2233
I'm not all that concerned with my amp, not sure exactly what it is, but its a smallish marshall amp.
Im more concerned with buying a guitar that would be suitable for playing songs mainly by bullet, but also other similar bands.

would this one be any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350365069241&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:AU:1123

Any guitar can play any style - that part doesn't depend on the guitar, but the player.

The amp is very important, because any player can play any style on any guitar, whether that style will sound good or not, or "right", depends on the amp, not the guitar, almost all of the time.

This is of course assuming you have the right kind of pickups for your music (single coil/humbucker), and that you have enough frets. All you need is a guitar with humbuckers and 24 frets for the styles/bands you mentioned. As long as it meets those requirements, it'll do.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^so basically, you went from "any guitar will do" to "any guitar with humbucker with 24 frets".
Quote by Tim2233
I'm not all that concerned with my amp, not sure exactly what it is, but its a smallish marshall amp.
Im more concerned with buying a guitar that would be suitable for playing songs mainly by bullet, but also other similar bands.

would this one be any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350365069241&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:AU:1123

Quote by Tim2233
not sure exactly what it is, but its a smallish marshall amp.

Quote by Tim2233
but its a smallish marshall amp.

Quote by Tim2233
smallish marshall amp.

Its an MG.

Split the money for both guitar and amp. With ur amp, a new guitar wont make u sound like BFMV etc. Get like a Peavey vypyr and a Ibanez Rg321
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by Arterial
^so basically, you went from "any guitar will do" to "any guitar with humbucker with 24 frets".

No. I said that any guitar can play any style. Metalcore can be played on any guitar. But for those bands he specifically mentioned, he'd need 24 frets. Metalcore can be played with single coils. But it won't sound like the bands he mentioned without humbuckers.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X