Howdy chumps.

Just doing my English homework—a debate for tomorrows lesson. The topic is
Technology has made society lazy. Unfortunately I got the harder end of the stick, and my team is “against” (society hasn't made us lazy).

I’ve already got a few points, but am sort of struggling to find more. Any ideas guys?
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Technology helps people do their own homework by...

Wait.

How about: "Technology doesn't make you lazy because it so often doesn't work that it ends up taking more effort than just doing it by hand"
technology have maid us less physically active, but we are by no means lazy. We are learning and developing the sciences at an incredible rate, and we consistently need intelligent minds working around the clock.
Wow, this is ironic.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
Wow, this is ironic.

amen to that!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by seemeel
Wow, this is ironic.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. I get the idea guys lol. Just wondering if anyone had any other ideas
Quote by slash_GNR666

i agree with coreysmonster's take on this. because of technology he may have become less active in a physical sense but mentally it has become more straining. build upon his idea or go about explaining how everyone is such a multi-tasker due to technology.

example, right now i'm ripping/burning a dvd, listening to music trying to memorize this song that i'm going to learn try to learn to play on guitar soon while answering your question. i have to pay attention to all 3 yet give each task being preformed a certain level of priority.

other than this, i'm not too sure how to answer support your side of the argument. Godspeed!!!
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by CoreysMonster
technology have maid us less physically active, but we are by no means lazy. We are learning and developing the sciences at an incredible rate, and we consistently need intelligent minds working around the clock.

Quote by joshua029
i agree with coreysmonster's take on this. because of technology he may have become less active in a physical sense but mentally it has become more straining. build upon his idea or go about explaining how everyone is such a multi-tasker due to technology.

example, right now i'm ripping/burning a dvd, listening to music trying to memorize this song that i'm going to learn try to learn to play on guitar soon while answering your question. i have to pay attention to all 3 yet give each task being preformed a certain level of priority.

other than this, i'm not too sure how to answer support your side of the argument. Godspeed!!!

I do appreciate the suggestions. I am putting all down on paper and adding/eliminating minor points, so thanks you very much. Thank guys! **stares at the pathetic wimps that didn't make a useful contribution**
Quote by slash_GNR666

Well talk about Worl of Warcraft, Facebook, all the social networking sites. instead of physically going out, people are ending up staying at home and the only contact with friends is both of you coinsidently "liking" a status.
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
there bad points....but good points! you can actualy find new friends (contradicting myself a bit), Computer can be fun at times, easy to buy rare stuff, easy to find answeres to questions and the ability to send stuff over the internet and download... also the Por....also the fun sites the internet has to offer!
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
Quote by anorexorcist15
there bad points....but good points! you can actualy find new friends (contradicting myself a bit), Computer can be fun at times, easy to buy rare stuff, easy to find answeres to questions and the ability to send stuff over the internet and download... also the Por....also the fun sites the internet has to offer!

You know nothing in your post is at all relevant to the question "has technology made peole lazy"?
Yeah. He's right, but still, at least you're trying to make a decent effort :_
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by CoreysMonster

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Wii fit and Nike+ ipod sport kit are examples that tecnology and physical activity can merge.
Quote by CoreysMonster
the fuck's funny about that?!

Wait....what is funny about that???
Quote by slash_GNR666

I would also argue that before the internet many things(ex.email v mail) took a lot longer than it does now with the internet. This allows us to get much more done in a shorter time, thus actually making us more productive WHILE allowing us more free time than people once had, hence the notion that were lazy.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by CoreysMonster

The bold bits and the general tone.
Quote by Todd Hart
The bold bits and the general tone.

dude, it's way to early to be as high as you are
Quote by CoreysMonster
dude, it's way to early to be as high as you are

I fucking know!! It's these damn wheetos, they're mental.
You should tell your opposition debaters how, in an effort to prove that technology has NOT made us lazy, you immediately went home and, instead of thinking for yourself, you asked a group of guitar enthusiasts to do your work for you.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Quote by seemeel
You should tell your opposition debaters how, in an effort to prove that technology has NOT made us lazy, you immediately went home and, instead of thinking for yourself, you asked a group of guitar enthusiasts to do your work for you.

yeah that's a good one....

.....**** off.
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by coco-loco
yeah that's a good one....

.....**** off.

Well I'm absolutely right, am I not? Like I said before, how ironic that you would research your debate in this manner.

If technology has made us lazy, why are we still working 8 hour days?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by seemeel
Well I'm absolutely right, am I not? Like I said before, how ironic that you would research your debate in this manner.

Uhh yeah...I Understood the first time-I get it, thanks!
Quote by slash_GNR666

The people who develop the technology are human beings.
They work hard to create this technology.
Their hard work is so great that it cancels out the laziness of fat teenagers and unemployed furries.
Their hard work is so great that not only does it cancel out this general laziness but also keeps us ahead of any other age of human civilization.

If anyone disagrees, cry.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.