Hey guys... feels good to be back on here after having a bit of time away from music, started to miss this place.

My Bugera 333XL is getting a little noisy and is sounding a little tinny and thin on all channels. It still has the stock tubes in it, which are well known for not being all that good. I've messed with my EQ endlessly (at the moment my clean channel is volume 5, treble 7, mid 5, bass 7, my crunch channel is volume 4, treble 8, mid 8, bass 8 and my lead channel is volume 4, treble 6, mid 8, bass 9, overall presence set to about 6).

I also have a decent size pedalboard, which may be affecting it slightly, but I'm still getting the same results with a direct guitar-amp connection. I have a Decimator, but I have to turn it to the point that it affects my playing and sustain to get it to eliminate enough of the noise to make it tolerable.

Would a tube change help? If so, what tubes would be recommended? I'm in Australia, styles are anywhere from metal to blues.
it sounds like your power tubes need a change. what kind of tubes are in there now?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Just the stock ones. The amp is a couple of years old, but never played before December last year.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Just the stock ones. The amp is a couple of years old, but never played before December last year.

That's still a decent bit of usage. Wouldn't be surprised if it needs a tube swap.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Have u checked the bias lately?
Think the bias change when the tubes get worn.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom
Esp Truckster
Epi Goth Explorer
Ovation Celebrity
Bjärton Bj-12
Eleven Rack
Bugera 333xl
Bugera 412H-Bk
Marschall valvestate 8080
Fish And Chips eq
Bad monkey
Zoom g9.2tt
Nah, haven't got the gear here to do it, and I know bugger all about that side of things anyway. Might get it looked at when I'm on my uni break.

While you guys are here, recommend me a delay pedal?
Cold bias can make it sound thin..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
well it depends how much money you want to blow. delays are some of the most expensive pedals.

lately i have been looking at the electro-haronix line in the 100-200 range.

after use tubes go, espeically not very good stock ones. im going to see how it goes, but after a year or so of playing every night for about 3-4 hours, i will probably buy a set of tubes and replace them just for the heck of it.

i mean my amp has 2 el84s. thats like 20ish bucks for a matched set. heck thats nothing for a year of use. i almost spend that on strings every month of 2.
Sounds like a bias or tube change will fix you up.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's