Yo guys,

so I've posted some threads on here. And well, now I just need help with finding a proper cabinet. The thing is; Amps and cabs here in Norway are ridicilously overpriced, I need to pay about 1300$ for a 212 Mesa-cabinet in the store. So what I was thinking was; Maybe buy it off the internet. I will be buying myself a Peavey 6505 Head to use this cabinet with btw.

Anyway, I searched some of the most known internet-guitarshops here in Norway, and found this Bugera 412H-BK Cabinet, which costs 350$ without shipping. Now, I'm a man who stands by the general rule that; Cheaper = Worse. So I guess what I'm asking is; Is this Bugera really horrible? And am I better off looking further, or even investing in the 212 Mesa-cab? And last thing; Should I be getting a 412, or a 212, or what do you reccomend for me, I'm primarily a Bedroom-player, but I love having a sweet sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Kergash
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Bugera speakers are meh.

If you want a good cab that is affordable, look at a Framus 2x12". It's better to have a good 2x12" than a bad 4x12".

Mesa cabs are sweet, but ridiculously overpriced in Europe. An Orange PPC212 is a good alternative (I'm assuming you're a rock/metal player since you're getting a 6505, so look at the closed-back version of the PPC). Engl Pro cabinets are also worth looking into.

Generally, a 4x12" will have more low-end thump than a 2x12", but it can be too much in some situations. Plus, it's a pain in the ass to transport it. Whether it's worth it or not is up to you to decide.
I wouldn't touch Bugera. I have used a Bugera amp at short notice for a gig (when I blew a valve) and it was rubbish. The cabinet was unpleasant too.

I would investigate Orange or Marshall cabs.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
2x12 is enough to play most venues with that seat 500 or less without PA... a 2x12 is PLENTY unless you're really after than chunky low end.

And Bugera is a resonably respectable brand. It's not what the Mesa would be but it's certainly 8/10th the level of cab for 1/3 the price... Do the math. But you always pay an exponential increase in price for a doubling in quality, so if that 2/10th means that much to you...

You can probably find instrument shops listed online as well, call them up, ask them what they have for cabinets, especially used. I've seen Marshall 1960As go for $350-400 (USD, but they're 800 new, *groans*), and those are rock-solid cabs.

Mostly just look around. If you can't find anything great remember than the speakers are what makes the real difference (and changing them out is EASY) so buy a cheap cab and drop some Celestion or Eminence speakers in there (research voicings to make sure you get what you're after... with a 4x12 maybe even get two pairs of different ones for an interesting mixed tone).
Last edited by RadioMuse at Jun 17, 2010,
The difference in volume between a 4x12 and a 2x12 is fairly negligible. People choose them mainly based on their tonal properties (people who actually know what they're doing, I suppose).
Thanks for all the replies, guys. I'll probs just look around for something else than the Bugera, after your replies. I'm guessing its smart to test out the cabinets before buying them, but I dont know how much of a difference they will make to the sound I get from the 6505?
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.