Right guys, I need to downsize my rig.
I am currently using a 6x10 Warwick cab with a peavey tour 700 head.
I finally passed my driving test and so I am not relying on other people for lifts with bigger cars than me for gigs so I need something thats going to fit into my modest Renault Clio.
I was looking at something with a 2x10 maybe, or possibly a 2x12 cab and keeping my head, The ampeg micro VR takes my fancy but volume may be a problem with that for practice. Obviously I will be looking round and trying before I buy but I was wondering what you guys would do in my situation.
Oh, and My cab is on ebay if anyones interested in buying it message me
I'd go for a 2x12 of some sort. IMO a single 2x10 wouldn't cut it for practices and gigs.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Don't know if this will really do it, but I played one of those acoustic mini rigs with the 1x10 speaker. It was only 100 watts but it really surprised me in tone and volume. It might cut it for a small gig or if you play quiet stuff.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
a 100 or 200 watt combo will be fine if there is am in-house PA to link up to.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
2 2x10's very portable and if your willing to spend money on good cabs they will, have very good lows, and better mids then your 6x10.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul