Can anyone help me stop thinking about new guitars i just want to learn the guitar not buy all the guitars i can find

Everytime i Pick up my guitar i seem unhappy with the neck and want an other guitar?

can anyone help me with my problem
you seem to have a GAS xD

play some songs you like with your band or a CD and just crank the sound a bit makes you feel bad ass, or at least should do =-P
i have the same problem, and i find having a second guitar helps abit, and when you've had enough of one you switch over to the other
I have 6 guitars. It helps.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
I have 6 guitars. It helps.

that doest help for me i dont have room or money do get 6 guitars?
Best advice I can give you is to put up with it... Seems weird, but it's true, I played with a heap of junk for 2 years before switching over to what I've got now...
Believe me, if you put up with it, and save up for a great guitar, you'll be extremely happy once you get your second guitar, and you'll appreciate it more than when you get a new guitar right away.
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

There are fourteen year olds who have been playing for a year and a half who can completely out-play me. I mostly put this down to the fact that in the five-and-something years I've been ''playing'', I have averaged playing guitar for half an hour every two days whereas I spend a solid three to four hours researching gear every day. Some people would say that makes me quite a failure as a guitar player, and I would agree with those people, but this is why I don't call myself a guitar player.

Do what makes you happy. Some people are happy picking up any random beginner guitar and learning to shred mind-bending runs on it. Other people are happiest picking up six brand new guitars and comparing them, picking apart every feature and flaw, regardless of the fact they're only playing a few basic open chords on each. Other people want do to both, some people don't care about either. None of this is right or wrong in a grand sense, there is only right and wrong relative to what you want.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by DanielBowie
Can anyone help me stop thinking about new guitars i just want to learn the guitar not buy all the guitars i can find

Everytime i Pick up my guitar i seem unhappy with the neck and want an other guitar?

can anyone help me with my problem

Try bringing your guitar to a store and getting it professionally set up. Adjust the action, truss rod, get new strings etc... see if that makes it more comfortable to play. If your guitar isn't comfortable to play then you're not going to play it and you're not going to improve.

What guitar(s) do you have? And what specifically don't you like about the neck?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
You can play guitar and be a guitar enthusiast, but it's a difficult balance. I research guitars when I can't play(not home) and when I can play, I do.

I'll tell you this though. The guitar you play makes a big difference in how fast you learn. I think everyone who uses a cheapo beginner guitar should upgrade as soon as they can. The cheapos should only be used while you're still deciding whether you want to really learn to play or when you're somewhere where you can't play a nice guitar because you don't want it to be damaged or stolen.

If you're guitar doesn't feel right to you, you should get one that does as soon as possible. If the neck feels too big or too small, it probably is. If the sound doesn't make you happy, and it's not because of your amp, you need a different sound.

If you have a friend or someone you know that knows their guitars and isn't a complete tool, you should go with them to a music store and see if you can't find something you like that's worth saving up for. But always try and find the guitar that will make you happy. In the meantime, you should force yourself to play. Maybe borrowing an amp or effects box from someone will tide you over?
if you believe in your guitar, whatever it is,you will make it sound it like a 100000$ guitar and you will improve within months..

in those instances when i get GAS(gear acquisition syndrome),what I do is look up for flaws on that certain guitar,and then make up mind that my one is better..
Quote by MrFlibble
There are fourteen year olds who have been playing for a year and a half who can completely out-play me. I mostly put this down to the fact that in the five-and-something years I've been ''playing'', I have averaged playing guitar for half an hour every two days whereas I spend a solid three to four hours researching gear every day. Some people would say that makes me quite a failure as a guitar player, and I would agree with those people, but this is why I don't call myself a guitar player.

I'm exactly the same! It's good to see that it's not just me. As much as I love guitars, I too spend far more time looking guitars up, GASing and surfing UG than I do actually playing. Even now that my exams are over and I have more free time than most people would know what to do with I'm hardly playing, and now I'm GASing over a Jackson RR5. Even though I probably would average at playing it for 15 minutes a day or something ridiculous like that.

Damn, I need to play more.
I have six guitars aswell. It helps alot.

Every few months, you pick up one and it becomes your "main" guitar. My main seems to rotate though. It was my alexi-600, then my 200(after upgrading it), and right now it's
been my agile interceptor.

I'm currently GASing for another amp head. Like an engl fireball or something. I'm nit gonna buy it(though I could), but i will look up clips of it and reviews
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Count me as another person who feels the need to buy buy buy. Last night I placed an order for my 4th guitar and 3rd amp.. should be in next week....But on the bright side I was able to use fathers day and my upcomming graduation as 'reasons' for needing to purchase new gear.