Page 1 of 2
Hey pit so some time ago i got a job at guitar center and was blacklisted through corporate fairly soon after. I'm wondering what this means exactly i know i can't work at guitar center again. Is this ALL guitar centers nationwide or just statewide? i'm curious if someone can enlighten me on this topic of what has actually been done it would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
How were you blacklisted?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
By a manager why is not important at this stage there is nothing i can do about it i'm just wondering where i stand in regards with the company. All i know is it was by a store manager through corporate.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
If you're on the coporate blacklist I would assume it's corporation wide.

I'd still like to know what you did.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
here in belgium
it means that you can't work in a guitar centre for as long as the current maneger is there
or as long as your name remains on the black list (i think 5 to 6 years)
Drum drum drum away!
Quote by beverboy
here in belgium
it means that you can't work in a guitar centre for as long as the current maneger is there
or as long as your name remains on the black list (i think 5 to 6 years)

This is what i was told...and all i did was get on his bad side apparently i didn't actually do anything wrong he just didn't like me again this is all hear say i didn't even know i was blacklisted until recently when another manager informed me.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
Quote by JackalUK
You were stealing wern't you...

nope because i didn't even work there for more then a day xD it's sad but true.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
managers change a lot in these stores
just try to get the job next year
Drum drum drum away!
Quote by beverboy
managers change a lot in these stores
just try to get the job next year

well thats what i did the incident i speak of occured over 3 years ago now...but i was told because the manager who blacklisted me is still with the company (at a different location) there's nothing i can do.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
You got fired in under a day? Were you mouthing off loads or something?
Take it from someone who blacklisted people before and then got blacklisted himself, when they check off the "do not rehire" box (which is the blacklisting) the company will not look at your application again. I was in charge of Operations in the Boston store, so take my word however you will.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
How did you get so ****ed on in under a day?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Basically again as far as i'm concerned and a couple employees i know who were there i got screwed yes it's effed up i know but nothing i can do about it now whats done is done :/ and mefr thanks for the advice and to all who has given it i think it's pretty much established i can't get a job at a guitar center ever lol.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
You still had to have done something! You can't bring in a story and dangle all this in front and not deliver the reason!
TS, I find it really hard to believe you were fired and blacklisted on your first day just because the manager "didn't like you".

What did you do?

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
I happened to notice, that you still failed to answer the question "what did you do".
Quote by Kilobyte
TS, I find it really hard to believe you were fired and blacklisted on your first day just because the manager "didn't like you".

What did you do?

Precisely. Story or it didn't happen.

Well, probably did, but you were just a dick to the manager
Just tell us what you did.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Maybe the manager didn't like him because he talked to fast, and never used punctuation in his sentences. :\

He's not going to tell us. So shall we just assume he stole, lied and made inappropriate comments towards female staff and customers?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
He's not going to tell us. So shall we just assume he stole, lied and made inappropriate comments towards female staff and customers?

Sounds like a good assumption to me.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Sure, sounds good enough.
^Agreed. I'm pretty sure blacklisted means he's not welcome in any GC anymore. So whatever happened it was most likely serious.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Aye
Quote by SlayingDragons
Maybe the manager didn't like him because he talked to fast, and never used punctuation in his sentences. :\

Omg exactly, right?

He's like...the opposite...of the..... guy who.......types........like th....is

Quote by Lemoninfluence

I think it would be unfair to assume that he didn't.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

I think he was caught masterbating into the soundholes of acoustic guitars.
I wanna know too now
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Quote by JackalUK
I think he was caught masterbating into the soundholes of acoustic guitars.

whilst making inappropriate comments towards female staff and customers and then denying it, right?

that way both theories are right.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
He's not going to tell us. So shall we just assume he stole, lied and made inappropriate comments towards male staff and customers?

That's what he did.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Wow, TS, way to be an asshole. You deserve to be fired for all those things you did.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by greenelephants
Omg exactly, right?

He's like...the opposite...of the..... guy who.......types........like th....is

>.>

Touché.
Alright so TS stole acoustic guitars and masturbated with the sound holes while yelling at women across the store through the microphones. Case closed. *Clears throat*

What the f**k dude? This is a family store.

EDIT: Oh and he lied about it to. Then he cussed out his manager.
Quote by 666WildChild666
Alright so TS stole acoustic guitars and masturbated with the sound holes while yelling at women across the store through the microphones. Case closed. *Clears throat*

Then flirted with the manager, who is married and has 3 kids. Then resorted to rape when he wouldn't give in.

Case closed, TS, you're a f*ckin sick dude, I'm never hiring you if I get a business going.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jun 17, 2010,
You guys fail to see that he was actually harassing guys.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by SlayingDragons
Then flirted with the manager, who is married and has 3 kids. Then resorted to rape when the manager wouldn't give in.

..been there done that
Quote by SlayingDragons
Then flirted with the manager, who is married and has 3 kids. Then resorted to rape when the manager wouldn't give in.

Case closed, TS, you're a f*ckin sick dude, I'm never hiring you if I get a business going.

Um, was the manager female or ... Oh...
Quote by 666WildChild666

And refused to answer any direct questions..
Page 1 of 2