Saw this on Ebay today and have been looking at the MH-250, but have been a bit uneasy about getting a floyd as i change tunings ALOT

Then i saw this and was like... you know what fsk it

The other thing is, it was $747, < i see this number EVERYWHERE, at least 3-4 times a day. So i was like... maybe it's a sign, so i bought it , The guitar is in the shop near me for around $1000 i think without a case, this also came quite a solid case, and smaller than my FX-260s case so it fits in the car a bit easier.

Hopefully it wasn't a sign... to not buy it >_>

It's a LTD H-251

At first i read up it was agathas (i think that's how you spell it) wood and people said it didn't sound very good compared to mahgonay, Anyway so i plugged it in, sounded pretty damn good to my ears.

The EMG-HZs sound fine imo, Since i live in Australia it's around 300 for a set of EMGs which IMO, is way to much since i'm not playing live or in a band, Sure there's a different between the EMG-HZs and EMGs but imo it's not worth the price tag.

The only issue i had with it, was for some odd reason, the tone pot knob must have been taken off, the push coil pulled up then the knob put back on all the way down, so you couldn't turn off push coil, which led me to get annoyed because all you could hear was BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (pretty much like the world cup)

The neck is great, Feels exactly the same as my FX-260, except this one is neck through and painted black. the action is pretty nice near exact where i want it, maybe a little lower near the higher frets but otherwise great.

The tuners feel quite solid a lot better than my Ibanez GRGs. maybe even as good as my locking tuners on my FX-260 but not locking. Seem to hold the tune quite well even with my terrible restring.

Time for pictures.

Honest to god, I always thought any ltd that was >401 was not worth it. Reckon it's actually really worth the 800 bucks? I live in Aus too and im thinking of what guitar I should get next. So yeah... just wanting to know =P
Quote by Prekket
Honest to god, I always thought any ltd that was >401 was not worth it. Reckon it's actually really worth the 800 bucks? I live in Aus too and im thinking of what guitar I should get next. So yeah... just wanting to know =P

They're some of the best guitars i've played in that price range,

If you look at it, The extra $500 or something for the one up is really proper EMGs and maybe slightly better hardware (maybe) (and i'm sure some people will be all BUILD QUALITY IS LIKE SUPERIOR LOL), When really it still probably isn't worth the extra money, Maybe in america where it's a lot cheaper sure, but not over here.

There's a flew little blemish things in the white outline thing (forget the name) I'm sure in the 401s or so that wouldn't be there, but i'm not a perfectionist so it doesn't bother me.

So really it's up to you, Is the $500 extra worth it, I honestly don't see much difference, If i had an extra $500 to blow, yeah sure i'd get the extra, but not really no.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
750 for that? Hell i'd have sold you my LTD MH-1000 for 750.

Well thats 747$ Australian, which is like 5$ American.. lol jk. Its actually like 650 American, and for 650 American you could buy a used 1000 series or a used ESP... You kinda got ripped off big time, they sell new for 419$, but Ive heard everything in Australia is super expensive anyway, so maybe you didnt
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
Well thats 747$ Australian, which is like 5$ American.. lol jk. Its actually like 650 American, and for 650 American you could buy a used 1000 series or a used ESP... You kinda got ripped off big time, they sell new for 419$, but Ive heard everything in Australia is super expensive anyway, so maybe you didnt

Guitars in Australia are super taxed and extremely expensive. $300 guitars here cost $700 there.
Quote by BoL7z
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (pretty much like the world cup)

haha that part made me laugh. happy new guitar day! that thing looks great... enjoy!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by BoL7z
The other thing is, it was $747, < i see this number EVERYWHERE, at least 3-4 times a day. So i was like... maybe it's a sign, so i bought it

I always see 128 everywhere and consider it a sign
The Internet: It's serious business
i'm usually not that into metal guitars but this is sweet. Love the plus top and the binding. HNGD
Quote by Lovecannon

Man... i wish. a new EC-1000 in VB costs around $1700 when in the US they're like $800-900 ain't they?

It's pretty bs.

I'm guessing it's because we don't need many guitars over here, so they only ship a few at a time = expensive.

You should see our music shops. They have pretty much NO decent stock. EVER. if you want something you have to order it in 90% of the time.

Not only that but our music shops mark up prices ridiculously.

Does anyone know the different between the EMG-HZ and the ESP ones? I've read around that they're pretty much the same just ESP makes them now to save costs and have similar design
HNGD!

Now listen to this song! Also, check out the lenght of it...

Edit: Nevermind that last thing, the song is supposed to be 7:47 minutes long...
ಠ_ಠ
/▌
/ \
Last edited by Maximum._.Power at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by BoL7z

Does anyone know the different between the EMG-HZ and the ESP ones? I've read around that they're pretty much the same just ESP makes them now to save costs and have similar design

what year is your h-251? if you see the serial you should be able to tell the year...anyways theres 2 things...

you can't see it exactly ESP's pictures, but if you look at the 251 from 2007, the text on the pickup seems pretty long so it hints that its labeled EMG-ESP. the one from 2008/2009 does just says ESP.

the 2008/2009 model doesn't even list EMG anymore...
2007: EMG-ESP LH300 (I would guess it has EMG licensed design thats about it)
2008: ESP-301 (no more EMG label + new model number, so complete ESP design for cheaper/no royalty/licensing fee to EMG)
2009: ESP-301(same as 2008 model)

looking at your pictures, you have a 2008+ model which are not EMG models at all.

I have no idea on the differences between EMG LH type pickups, recently i experienced that my LH pickups(LH100) is a lot lower output than what I have read online.

seeing as how ESP likes to shave costs, i bet the EMG-ESP label is only to license the name and the pickup cover :P (nah i dont know, just playing)
Last edited by iampeter at Jun 18, 2010,
Oh, here are some songs in my library that are 7:47 long... enjoy.

* Aqueous Transmission - Incubus
* Foreplay/Long Time - Boston
* I'm A Boy - The Who (Live at Leeds version)
* Operation Ground Pound - DragonForce
* I Want You/She's So Heavy - The Beatles
* As I Am - Dream Theater
* Communion and the Oracle - Symphony X
* Windowpane - Opeth
* Planet of New Orleans - Dire Straits
* Money - Pink Floyd (bootlegged Live at the BBC version)
* Glasgow Kiss - John Petrucci
* L.A. Woman - The Doors
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Only two prob because i have the link in my sig to show off the pictures, I'll remove the link.
You paid more than most people here would have but that's a very nice guitar. Good pups, neck thru, nice pots, bridge, wood. I would really want that guitar at a more reasonable price. I wouldn't be too concerned about paying a little more knowing you're getting a solid guitar that is good enough for any skill level.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP