Time solo- Pink Floyd
Comfortably Numb solo - Pink Floyd

They're both on my profile.

I double tracked and hard-panned left and right. I'm wondering what you guys think of the tone and quality of recording overall? I tried playing with some impulses but they make the tracks sound muddier and a bit too thick. Both songs are my first recordings using Pod Farm. I tweaked around the 4-band EQ; I'm running a Plexi Lead 100 model + Facial Fuzz + Analog Delay in the post section (after the preamp. I like my repeats dirty lol) + Cavernous reverb going on there.

enjoy i guess.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
I am about as massive a Pink Floyd fan as they come. And I have heard many, many covers of those two solos, from the abysmal to the utterly brilliant. And your versions fit somewhere in the middle. There is potential there for you to clean them up and get the notes nice and tight. There were some mistakes which I thought that, given the general skill with which you played for the most part, I was surprised you made.

My critique: nice first attempt, now go and spend a few hours refining each and then try again. Good luck.

PS, It took me a fair bit of time to nail the Comfortably Numb solo, but it was worth the effort. Brilliant song. Time was easy
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Thanks

general skill? I'm flattered :P

Are there any parts you think were particularly messy?
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Last edited by HellBoy9393 at Jun 17, 2010,
Work on your vibrato.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by HellBoy9393
Thanks

general skill? I'm flattered :P

Are there any parts you think were particularly messy?

Those longer licks that almost seem like a long flurry of notes in the Comfortably Numb solo are something that you need to clean up. Also, clean up your vibrato.

Also, the tone is a bit on the flubby side, maybe try dialing in less bass or gain?

Nice attempt man! Let's hear some more Gilmour.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.