Poll: Do you plan on getting married?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you plan on getting married?
Yes, some time.
163 75%
No, never.
53 25%
Voters: 216.
Page 1 of 3
Just wondering.

Some people seem to be quite engrossed with the idea. Personally, I would not do it. It just seems too stupid and when I look around, I see very unhappy married couples.

Opinions and thoughts?
Yep.

If people have an unhappy marriage, it's because they're not compatible and rushed things. People need to spend some REAL time together getting to know eachother etc. That's the point of dating someone in the first place; to find out if you're compatible with another person and could spend your life with them. I don't think people invest enough time in the dating process or don't take it seriously enough which results in shitty marriages and inevitable divorce.

Now, I'm not saying that other circumstances can make marriage difficult (finances, work, inlaw family members, cultural/ethnic ties etc.) but if you put the time/effort into the dating process you can figure out whether you two would be able to withstand these issues.

/imo
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Last edited by Metalology at Jun 17, 2010,
I'm gonna go with probably...
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Why would I wanna be part of the basic working unit of conformed society.

I'd rather have a female life-partner and make babies with her...and get high.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Wearing a dress and have everyone tell me I'm pretty for a whole day would be fun but I don't want to be somebody's wife, so no, I'd never get married.
No, no woman can tie me down.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Definitely.

There's a possibility I'll be engaged by the end of the year, the way things are going.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I'm not particularly keen to. Largely because it's a gigantic waste of time and money, I don't like the institution and think that the laws around marriage are fucking ridiculous. I'm also not confident in my ability to be a partner for anyone.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
sure, if I ever find a woman that is okay with the fact she will be second to the music I listen to and create, plus I spend most of what I make on gear... not gonna happen
Quote by ilikepirates
I bet you I could

Bondage.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I love love, but I won't get married, I would love to have a female partner with whom to live and whom to love, but marriage( I spent 1min trying to type this word) seems like a waste of A LOT OF money and A LOT OF time, and what for? A binding legal piece of paper? Love's good enough without that kind of shit.
Quote by ilikepirates
I bet you I could

Even if you were my age I don't know

Quote by StormLexer
In signature: E-married to 727Helena

That's just an e-marriage, it's not like I have to stay e-faithful
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by ilikepirates
I'd love to get married, picking out a dress, planning the wedding, having a partner.

Well if I wasn't already taken...

*wink wink, nudge nudge*

Well actually, when has that ever stopped me before?

(The last line was a joke)

OT: I would, and I would very much like to eventually.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Dawginator
Well if I wasn't already taken...

*wink wink, nudge nudge*

Well actually, when has that ever stopped me before?

(The last line was a joke)

OT: I would, and I would very much like to eventually.

Haha, well thankyou, I think
Quote by Kensai
No, no woman can tie me down.

You just wait. Someday the woman of your dreams is going to go to Europe and flash her tits at you and you'll be hooked.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by paintITblack39

The real question is: does anyone plan on marrying me?

No? Didn't think so.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by Metalology

Now, I'm not saying that other circumstances can make marriage difficult (finances, work, inlaw family members, cultural/ethnic ties etc.) but if you put the time/effort into the dating process you can figure out whether you two would be able to withstand these issues.

/imo

Ahhh...if only this was true....

It's a good start, having a good relationship and a partner who is your 'everything' don't get me wrong. but as people get older and develop they change..... so the person you have 10 years down the road isn't the same one as you started out with....

Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes a bad thing... but either way, it happens...
[
Quote by ilikepirates
Haha, well thankyou, I think

You're very welcome.

*wink wink nudge nudge*

I'll stop now...
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
I don't really care. My parent's aren't married and they have a fine relationship, so I guess I was bought up knowing that marriage isn't a requirement for one. If the girl wanted to then I possibly would, but personally I have no plans or need to get married. If you love someone you don't need a sheet of paper telling you that you do. Marriage to me has always seemed a bit distrusting. It's like you don't believe the person loves you until they're signed a contract saying so, which has always seemed wrong to me. You shouldn't need that to tell you the person loves you, and if you do then your relationship isn't working well, and marriage won't save it.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Skuzzmo
Ahhh...if only this was true....

It's a good start, having a good relationship and a partner who is your 'everything' don't get me wrong. but as people get older and develop they change..... so the person you have 10 years down the road isn't the same one as you started out with....

Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes a bad thing... but either way, it happens...

As sad as it is, I have to agree. It takes a lot of work to grow together as your marriage goes on than to grow apart.
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by paintITblack39

WHOOP! My first post since a month!

Yeah! I want to get married and start a family.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Yes - given the right situation.

With less people getting married, bringing in 'couple' laws which means if you spend such a time with someone in a relationship, when you break you're suddenly entitled to half their stuff which i find completely stupid.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
No interest in it. Actually, the very idea is altogether creepy.
Quote by Todd Hart
I don't really care. My parent's aren't married and they have a fine relationship, so I guess I was bought up knowing that marriage isn't a requirement for one. If the girl wanted to then I possibly would, but personally I have no plans or need to get married. If you love someone you don't need a sheet of paper telling you that you do. Marriage to me has always seemed a bit distrusting. It's like you don't believe the person loves you until they're signed a contract saying so, which has always seemed wrong to me. You shouldn't need that to tell you the person loves you, and if you do then your relationship isn't working well, and marriage won't save it.

This lad speaks the truth!
Yes, but none of that big wedding shite, it'd be the registers office for me
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
If I'm in a long-term relationship I might for the legal benefits.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
I don't plan not to, but I'm hoping that by the time it seems at all likely, it'll have stopped seeming such a depressing idea.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I can't see myself getting married. I don't think I want to, but that might change with time.

I think IF I do end up wanting to get married, it will be later in life. In my late thirties or forties. I think that I will get married out of a sense of duty to my parents.
Where is the "already am" option?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 3