i'm in the process of putting together some songs from my guitar pro files in Reaper, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a fairly painless, low cost synthesizing/sampling solution for converting my midi keyboard files to something better and more interesting, whether it was a plug in or another program, that i can then export to wav and bring into reaper.
a friend of mine used something called Reason, but that is massively expensive, and probably superfuous for someone as inexperienced as me. thanks for any suggestions.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Have you though about becoming a pirate? ( internet pirate that is), if not, there are loads of free software, basically you need to find somekinda program which supports VST (virtual instruments) and you just import midi there, what is "reaper"?
^ pirating programs is illegal. continue to recomend that option and you will find yourself banned in a hurry. UG does not tolerate people using its boards to promote illegal activities.

Lin, there are lots of free programs out there that are decent. depends on what exactly you are looking for. google something along the lines of, "free VSTi" and you should find some nice options.

even ReaSynth that comes with Reaper is ok. nothing spectacular of course, but it is a basic synth. you shouldnt have to be exporting as a wav from them either. just load your MIDI track from GP into reaper and stick the VSTi on that track. it translates the MIDI data into sound depending on the plugin.
Quote by jof1029
^ pirating programs is illegal. continue to recomend that option and you will find yourself banned in a hurry. UG does not tolerate people using its boards to promote illegal activities.

Lin, there are lots of free programs out there that are decent. depends on what exactly you are looking for. google something along the lines of, "free VSTi" and you should find some nice options.

even ReaSynth that comes with Reaper is ok. nothing spectacular of course, but it is a basic synth. you shouldnt have to be exporting as a wav from them either. just load your MIDI track from GP into reaper and stick the VSTi on that track. it translates the MIDI data into sound depending on the plugin.

Since when am I promoting piracy? I simply asked a question, I recommended nothing and stated nothing.
^ the implication of your first sentence is that piracy is an option worth considering. otherwise, there is no point in evern bringing it up. you were circular about it and didnt directly recomend anything, which is why you got a verbal warning instead of an official one.