I'm troubleshooting a problem with my tube amp and I need to switch out the power tubes. It's two Groove Tubes EL84.



My question is if I switch them out, can I replace them with any EL84 tubes that I see on Amazon, including the two above? I'm not worried about tone or garbage that like that right now, just troubleshooting the problem.

Also, what does matched mean? Do I have to get matched tubes?
Last edited by jogogonne at Jun 17, 2010,
yes u can and depending on the amp it will need to be re biased
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Have it retubed and biased by a professional, spend the money on some good tubes, like Sylvania EL84's. Some of the worst tubes on the market are the ones marketed for guitar amps. Groove Tubes are garbage, I don't care who says they use them, they don't in their live and recording amps.