Okay here is what happen.

On my SS amp I would feel a little bite but put it off thinking it was just the strings.

So today I go and play my guitar that I only play on my SS amp on my tube amp.

And POW got shocked.

Only thing I could see that caused it was the gnd wire was run wrong ?

Any how I removed the gnd wire, everything is okay now plus the guitar sounds better.

I picked up a used LTD EC-50 (used) it had the EMG HZ-H4 in it. And it did kinda sound like crap so I wa thinking well no more EMG HZ but after I removed the gnd wire the EMG does sound good.

I do not know if that what cause it or not none of my other guitars has done this and they all have the gnd on them.
are you drunk?

edit: re-read over it about 12 times, and to put it simply you're just saying to remove the gnd wire from EMG pickups on a tube amp and it'll sound good?

i can't help but think that wire is there for a reason.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Last edited by Dempsey68 at Jun 17, 2010,
Take your amp to a tech before it stops your heart.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
He was shocked by his guitar, What's so hard to read? And to the OP, You shouldn't remove the ground wire. Its there so you won't be shocked by the guitar.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
He was shocked by his guitar, What's so hard to read? And to the OP, You shouldn't remove the ground wire. Its there so you won't be shocked by the guitar.

See, his post would make sense if it was EMG actives,which are self grounded to the stereo jack, but the HZ's are passive, so removing the ground wire would shock him, if he was very unlucky, but it would make his guitar sound like crap, so I'm confused by the post.
Quote by ethan_hanus
See, his post would make sense if it was EMG actives,which are self grounded to the stereo jack, but the HZ's are passive, so removing the ground wire would shock him, if he was very unlucky, but it would make his guitar sound like crap, so I'm confused by the post.

Oh. Well, I'm not the most knowledgeable about EMG pickups. Now I get it.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by Gargoyle2500
Oh. Well, I'm not the most knowledgeable about EMG pickups. I just know they make pickups and their actives are most popular with the metal crowd.

It's ok, but there never really is enough voltage or amps running through your guitar to even give you a good shock, I think the TS hooked up a car battery to his guitar thinking it would make it sound more brootalz, which he found out the hard way, it in fact does not.
There is plenty of voltage in his amp to shock him. And plenty enough to KILL
him. Get the amp looked at, it's dangerous.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete

Yeah, I know that, but why in the hell would it go through the guitar? The input jack doesn't have amp level voltage running though it, that would be insane. Unless he hooked his guitar into the speaker out jack
Quote by ethan_hanus
It's ok, but there never really is enough voltage or amps running through your guitar to even give you a good shock, I think the TS hooked up a car battery to his guitar thinking it would make it sound more brootalz, which he found out the hard way, it in fact does not.

Well, If the guitar isn't properly grounded it can give a shock.

Quote by Gundamnitpete

Yes.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Quote by ethan_hanus
Yeah, I know that, but why in the hell would it go through the guitar? The input jack doesn't have amp level voltage running though it, that would be insane. Unless he hooked his guitar into the speaker out jack

Cause the amp is busted, and the elecrticity is taking the path of least resistance to ground, through you.

If it goes from one arm to the other, it crosses your heart. If that happens, there is plenty of potential difference in that amp to stop your dead.

EDIT: I meant "stop your heart", but after reading it, I'm gonna leave it "stop your dead"
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Last edited by Gundamnitpete at Jun 17, 2010,
No not drunk.

All I know was soon as I touched the strings after I turned off the standby switch to play the guitar I got shocked.

Like I said I do not know if it was the gnd wire was on wrong or not or if it was something else.

I know the gnd wire is there for that reason. Any how on my way too have the amp and guitar checked out by tech.
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Cause the amp is busted, and the elecrticity is taking the path of least resistance to ground, through you.

If it goes from one arm to the other, it crosses your heart. If that happens, there is plenty of potential difference in that amp to stop your dead.

EDIT: I meant "stop your heart", but after reading it, I'm gonna leave it "stop your dead"

It will forever be remembered on UG as "stop your dead".

You may be right, but were under the assumption that the TS is drunk, and has no idea of what he is saying.

EDIT:nvm.