Gday, I was wondering if a device exists that i can plug my guitar into between the guitar and the amp where i can set a key or pitch and the sound will be in that key through the amp.

I have a digitech gnx4 floorboard, and it has a pitch shifter, but it takes 99% of the tone out of the sound when it is shifted, unless it is playing the original pitch as well.

I dont mind a little bit of tone loss, but is there a device (not a pitch shifter) that is designed to do exactly this, down tune a guitar and retain as much of the original pitch as possible?

Thanks, any advice would be great.
RG's & Mesa's
There is, but I don't remember the name and it's expensive as hell, but it can down tune a guitar as if it was in Drop C or even Drop B and sound as good.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
I heard a few different pedals could do that but i dont know.. We live in a world of technology not magic :p
Morpheus Drop Tune? It runs for about $200.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
pitch control pedal?

or if you wanted to go all out, get a gibson tiger.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by kirky boy
yeah morpheus drop tune or even a digtech whammy

these.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
The only thing that can do it convincingly is the VG Strat, even then it becomes rather obvious that you've got some sort of processing at work and VG Strats aren't cheap or easy to get hold of either. Every other pitch shifter produces either a tone that barely resembles your guitar's tone or a tone that has all the tonality of a heart monitor. The more the unit is trying to change the pitch, the less and less it will sound at all natural.

Basically, either actually tune your guitar lower, get a second guitar and keep that in a lower tuning or accept that pitch shifters don't sound like you're playing a guitar any more.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'll disagree with that^, the Morpheus Droptune does a GREAT job with all of that. And you can get one used for around $130.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Morpheus Droptune is the way to go, my friend. It's a sexy piece of kit.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
I feel obligated to post in this thread because I have a John Mayer avatar... *looks at users above*
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

i love my morpheus droptune, but it sounds like a harmony clean, which is rllly weird
Eh.
I'm thinking of getting a roland vg-99, it's supposed to be able to do this. Does anyone have one, or experience using one that could say if that feature is any good or not?
Quote by slash4114
I feel obligated to post in this thread because I have a John Mayer avatar... *looks at users above*

Well I'll let you know I am NOT John Mayer, even though I am an ass hole.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
OK looks like ill just grab a Morpheous De-Tune.

One thing though, Ive never used an actual Digitech Whammy, but I have a gnx4 with an inbuilt "digitech Whammy" and it really doesnt do a good job at all at convincingly changing the pitch, will the Morpheous De-Tune sound way better than the digitech Whammy in my GNX4?

Thanks.
RG's & Mesa's