Hey guys, I just got a couple of quick questions..

Okay so I'm recording and using Guitar Rig 4 and I recorded lead and rhythm and whenever I played it back it sounded like a huge clatter.

Maybe I can get some mixing tips to make the rhythm and lead not sound the same? thanks :]
Quote by denfilade
He's just a friend waiting to happen.

Or rape.
hmmm make sure you use a metronome so the songs timing is right and everything. and you might want to double track at least one of the guitars.

sorry if im not much help, i honestly dont know much about this BUT my brother does and im trying to remember all the things he told me lol
for lead, use the rhythm pickup (neck) and for lead use the treble pickup (bridge), and when mixing, put the rhythm guitar at about 40% or something, and lead 60%?
Hope that helps
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Just make different tones, I make rhythm more bassy and deep, while lead is bright and easily noticeable.
I got cha, yea I had heard some things about double track rhythm. Hard left and hard right panning. Then put lead in the middle???
Quote by denfilade

Or rape.
^ yup, thats another good way to separate them. record the rhythm track twice (dont just copy it) and pan each hard outside. lead straight up the middle in the "space" you just created.

using different tones is another big aspect. i usually roll the lows off more on my lead and the highs off more on my rhythm tracks. using completly different amps is a good option as well.
what amps do you recommend for a good rhythm tone and lead tone? My lead sounds awesome but my rhythm is a bit too bassy and whenever I EQ it it sounds a litle better but I'm just not happy with it. Any recommendations?
Quote by denfilade

Or rape.
On Guitar Rig 4 of course
Quote by denfilade

Or rape.