Poll Options
View poll results: with or without?
with
52 16%
without
271 84%
Voters: 323.
Page 1 of 4
I like getting the jokes on my own, but two and a half men is funny stuff.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
yeah. that stuff is used for jokes that arent exactly funny but just make u smirk. when everyone is laughing around you (or even on a tv) it makes you want to laugh more. kind of like a kid laughing at adult joke he doesnt understand lol
yep i've always thought that.
two and a half men is some funny stuff..but i much prefer them when they don't have stupid laughter as if telling you when to laugh..like malcom in the middle
I don't mind the crowd laughter but many shows overuse it especially on parts that are not funny like if a character walks through the door and says hi and the crowd laugh.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

crowd laughter sucks, sometimes you hear on guy/woman totally go crazy like: HWHAHAhahahauuyuydrijnd oyhdrsl]]sd. fuckin annoying, worst of all is that 70s show i think its bad comedy with bad jokes and standard typical things you already know whats gonna happen and still the whole audience goes crazy its lame.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
i like how scrubs dose it
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
The laughing thing doesn't still happen does it?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Only show that could ever pull off a laugh track was That '70s Show.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Without, canned laughter or laughter from a real audience just ruins it for me. They may as well just have a banner that comes up saying 'Laugh now so you can feel like one of the many mindless sheep who found this lame joke funny' everytime there's a joke.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Both are alright. The shows I watch with laughter in it were usually shot in front of an audience - ie Seinfeld, Frasier, etc.
All worth it for the fat guy who came to Friends shoots in the first few episodes
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I think it shows that the joke(s) isn't/aren't good if you need to be shown when to laugh
You mean "canned laughter" :P

I personally can't stand it, whether from a studio audience, or added in afterwards. I can tolerate it in The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Without. Shows that have laughter in it means it's unfunny (well most of 'em anyways) and they have laughter to indicate when you should laugh. Whilst shows without laughter don't tell you when to laugh...

I never laugh
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
The quality of the programme is most important.
I direct your attention to Fawlty Towers.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

I prefer without. Sometimes it just gets really annoying when they use it after EVERY FREAKING LINE! Thank God for Simpsons, Scrubs etc.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by lushacrous
Only show that could ever pull off a laugh track was That '70s Show.

This, and probably Seinfeld to a lesser degree.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
+1

I care about the comedy, the laughter doesn't bother me at all
I thought it was funny you pointed out the shows you did, the Office and Scrubs are probably my favorite sitcoms, Two and a Half Men probably my least favorite. Generally I would prefer not to be told what is funny and what is not, but it doesn't matter that much to me
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
It points out where you should laugh, so it makes it funnier. But I prefer without, which sometimes makes shows dull and awkward, but it makes you think more about the joke.

Don't get me STARTED on Disney Channel's use of laugtracks...
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by bodyheatseeker

any series of Blackadder, too.
I don't mind studio audiences but it gets very annoying sometimes. Like watch The Big Bang Theory. It's a really funny show, but the audience laughs at every. single. line. It's so obnoxious.
Totally depends on the series. I like shows that both have, and do not have, canned laughter.

But in some cases it actually works better with. The few recent episodes of Red Dwarf come to mind. They took out the laughter track, and it just wasn't the same as the old show.

Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
I don't mind studio audiences but it gets very annoying sometimes. Like watch The Big Bang Theory. It's a really funny show, but the audience laughs at every. single. line. It's so obnoxious.
Have to agree on this. I love TBBT, and it works with a laughter track, but it doesn't need to be so frequent. Normal conversation does not warrant laughter, damn it.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Last edited by Kilobyte at Jun 17, 2010,
Meh, if it works for the show, it works for the show. Scrubs and Friends are both two of my favorite tv series. Each one has their own thing going on that works for them. As long as no show overdoes it, I don't really mind it either way.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Depends on the show.

The Red Dwarf renewal bombed partly because they took it out, as far as im concerned anyway .
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I hate canned laughter. 3 1/2 men is the worst. Insults your intelligence, like you have to be told if something is funny. I honestly can't watch it unless the sound is off and subtitles on, (the way I watch most things...because i'm playin guitar) even though I like the show. That's part of the reason I like family guy etc.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by Kilobyte
But in some cases it actually works better with. The few recent episodes of Red Dwarf come to mind. They took out the laughter track, and it just wasn't the same as the old show.

This is exactly what I was going to say. At one point I would've said without was better, but after the Red Dwarf specials I've changed my mind.
I don't remember Seinfeld having laugher behind
anyway i prefer without, it's so ridiculous when you hear some old guy laughing super loud to a lame and predictible joke.
Quote by supralightning
send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
Fender Squier
SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
I like live audiences, as you can hear how funny it was. Canned laughter however just has the same laughter, so a quick remark gets a huge amount of laughter and it kills the flow of it I think.

Only Fools and Horses etc use it tastefully I find.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Page 1 of 4