So, I know I've posted a few threads in the past few days wanting suggestions and feedback on amps I'm considering, but I've finally set my mind on the 6505+ 112. The only thing I'm worried about is the reliability/build quality of this amp (since it's made in China, and I've heard some bad things). Anyone own one of these that can comment on that? Can anyone recommend, or discourage, getting one of these? Feedback? Suggestions?

tl;dr: Should I get a 6505+ 112?
get it i really like mine
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
Quote by budreiser1
get it i really like mine

Have you had any reliability issues? Tubes? Speaker? Construction of the amp itself? Let me know. And where did you buy it from?
peavey's have upto 5 year warrenty so the warrenty should cover most problems, i've heard that amps made for a while after the launch can be slightly defective but once peavey have found the problem they are quick to correct it
Quote by britishsligean
peavey's have upto 5 year warrenty so the warrenty should cover most problems, i've heard that amps made for a while after the launch can be slightly defective but once peavey have found the problem they are quick to correct it

So do you think I should go ahead and order one, or wait?
If you have have high gain pickups you will get a lot of feedback with that amp.

oh I am hilaaarrrious.
Play it first, see if you like it.

I played one and liked it alot. Volume control was real nice, very apartment/roomate friendly.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I got this amp (new) about two months ago and within two weeks it busted on me. Loud pop followed by blown fuse and burning smell. Turns out one of the tubes blew, simple enough fix but one expects it to last a bit longer than that.

But since I had it for less than 30 days, I took it back to Guitar Center and got a completely new one, which has been fine since but this one is only about 5-6 weeks old so I can't say it has lasted as of yet.

Besides that hiccup though, I love the amp. Everything seems to be great. I would recommend it to others, but my particular experience showed it to be more unreliable than I would have liked.
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Play it first, see if you like it.

I played one and liked it alot. Volume control was real nice, very apartment/roomate friendly.

I actually did play one at guitar center, and having 6505 experience (I recently sold my 6505+ half stack), I was impressed with the tone. Like I said, I'm mostly concerned with reliability.
yup I have one as well. about 5 months now, excellent amp.

only problem i have is that it is so heavy im afraid the handle will break while im carrying it, its a thick rubber, and held in by metal clasps. it seems to be slowly cutting into the handle.

but it sounds damn awesome
!
My Valveking has always been very reliable. You don't really hear people mouthing off about their amp not breaking down so much as you hear the opposite, so...

Peavey stuff is generally pretty high quality.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??