Fellow doomheads,

I'm seeking to increase the string gauge on my baritone guitar, however it's stock machineheads must've been made for DaisyRock.

Can you suggest any specific tuners able to accept up to say 80 (eighty) gauge stings?

I love the quality of Schaller but I would like a more precise ratio than the M6 line.
The guitar is pretty well balanced and M6's would make it crazy top heavy.

Thanks for any assistance. I'll light some incense for all who reply.
Can you suggest any specific tuners able to accept up to say 80 (eighty) gauge stings?

I think that if you’re tuning that low and playing with such huge strings it would make more sense to get a baritone made for use as a six string bass instead of a baritone made for B standard. Agile, Schecter, and Gretsch sell very reasonably priced guitars that are built for this kind of playing.
From my experience, Schaller make awsome machine heads, never used any that have been better.

80 gauge on a baritone though? Isn't that a little bit too thick? You might have to look into using bass machine heads or something haha.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Maybe some Gotohs? I dunno. The only locking tuners I've ever used were Schallers, and I never had a problem with them. Enjoy the doom

EDIT: It had better be Nag Champa you're lighting
Last edited by Led Dirigible at Jun 17, 2010,
what kind of baritone do you have? thats weird that it won't accept thick strings. although an 80 is a bass string. were you able to find a guitar 80? where?
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
^i used a bass string on my 7 once and it sounded normal

i really doubt you need an 80 gauge string, what tuning are you using and what scale length?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.