Right, I live down the road from a man named Billy Bragg... You may have heard of him. I have met him on several occasions and we formally know each other. I'm also friends with his son. Billy is a really great person, he does a lot for young musicians. I'll give you an example: I do A Level music performance and had to organise a concert. I thought it'd be amazing if we could get Billy to play. I got hold of him and asked him but unfortunately he was touring when the concert was planned. He did offer to help out in any other way he could though.

Basically, me and a friend, who also knows Billy's son and Billy's wife were thinking of recording a CD of some songs we've wrote and giving it to Billy to have a listen and to pass on... What do you think would come of this?
Last edited by leg end at Jun 17, 2010,
I'd try it. Most people appreciate that kind of enthousiasm.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by leg end
Billy is a really great person, he does a lot for young musicians
What do you think would come of this?

Molestation.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by shattamakar
Molestation.

This sounds like a great idea.

Mein herz schlagt Schwarz Rot und Gold
Quote by mikeyknowsbette
billy bragg came to our school once, same billy bragg who sings "im dont want to change the world, im not looking for a new england, just looking for another girl"? if so, you deffo should

Yeah that's the one!
Billy Bragg is awesome.

That is all.

And if he's anything like what I imagine him to be in my head then he'd be happy to give it a listen.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
That's pretty awesome, and you should definitely get his feedback if you can. Try not to be too pushy though, and asking him to pass it on may be a bit much.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Kilobyte
That's pretty awesome, and you should definitely get his feedback if you can. Try not to be too pushy though, and asking him to pass it on may be a bit much.

That's what I thought. I think asking for advice on what to do next would be a good step yeah?
Quote by leg end
That's what I thought. I think asking for advice on what to do next would be a good step yeah?
Of course. If he's happy to give your stuff a listen, he'll probably be more than willing to share some of his knowlege on making and distributing music.

EDIT: That, or he says something like "I gave your songs a listen, here's my opinion... <opinion> .... advice? To musicians who could be potential competitors? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE."

But I'm sure he's not like that.

I hope.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Last edited by Kilobyte at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by Kilobyte
Of course. If he's happy to give your stuff a listen, he'll probably be more than willing to share some of his knowlege on making and distributing music.

EDIT: That, or he says something like "I gave your songs a listen, here's my opinion... <opinion> .... advice? To musicians who could be potential competitors? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE."

But I'm sure he's not like that.

I hope.

when did music become a competition?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore