im sick of my tremolo how much would it cost to remove it to install a tuneomatic string trough?
I'm not even sure something like that would be realistically feasible.

Like the only way I can imagine doing something like that is by removing the trem, filling the trem cavity with different sized blocks of wood, tite bonding everything, and the installing the new TOM. The problem with that is that such a job would probably look like shit (unless you completely refinished the guitar) and not be very durable :/
Could cost a lot by a luthier.
Here's a how to guide on filling cavities.
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tht1.htm
he converts his to a hardtail though.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Have you considered blocking it off? Or is it the actual bridge that's annoying you?
Quote by Schism1985
I'm not even sure something like that would be realistically feasible.

Like the only way I can imagine doing something like that is by removing the trem, filling the trem cavity with different sized blocks of wood, tite bonding everything, and the installing the new TOM. The problem with that is that such a job would probably look like shit (unless you completely refinished the guitar) and not be very durable :/

I think It'd be plenty durable. Although, yes it would look terrible.

Also, what kind of tremolo, you guys are just assuming he's got a strat style.
Filling it is a very good option. Some people just dont use tremolo's, me included. I've done this to two guitars, and both came out great after a refinish.
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by metalwarrior40
Filling it is a very good option. Some people just dont use tremolo's, me included. I've done this to two guitars, and both came out great after a refinish.

I just feel like it'd be less time consuming and more cost efficient to block the cavity with a piece of wood or a tremol-no or something :-/
I guess, i found it a fun project though, and did notice a increase in sustain upon completion. Could have been just the swap to hardtail, who knows. Plus i already had all the stuff, so it cost me nothing
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim