Im trying to learn how to tap to like songs by Michael jackson ( would like to do a tribute to him ) and metallica one. songs that use tapping to do them i was wondering is there any easy way to do the tapping
is there a video on how to learn how to tap efficiently and also i would also like to know a few songs that would be good to help me with chording.
thanks.
the Michael Jackson guitar solos you are thinking of is probably Eddie Van Halen one of the kings of tapping listen to some things like Eruption and some of his other solos. also like Zeletros said check youtube for lessons i pritty much learnt everything thanks to youtube.
i'll give them a go, but i mean i don't know how to possition chords or anything good. it confuses me, ( noob )
you mean Beat It dont you. that was Van Halen. there are most likely tabs of it on this site.

theres 1 hand tapping and 2 hand tapping. 2 hand tapping is the van halen thing. 1 hand tapping can sound somewhat close, and borders on legato and trills.
Quote by Jude_1993
Im trying to learn how to tap to like songs by Michael jackson ( would like to do a tribute to him ) and metallica one. songs that use tapping to do them i was wondering is there any easy way to do the tapping
is there a video on how to learn how to tap efficiently and also i would also like to know a few songs that would be good to help me with chording.
thanks.

The easy way to tap is to use your pick. The proper easy way is to use your middle finger. Just hit the string with force. Ideally you should be able to hear the tapped notes through your clean channel.

How long have you been playing?