Page 1 of 2
So my local grocery store started selling coke in the glass and I always wanted to buy it but didn't have the money. Today I finally got the money and walked there only to find they stopped selling them. Has anyone ever had coke in the glass bottle and does it taste any different than it does in the can?
I prefer the taste. Sometimes I find canned coke a bit metallic.

But your life of not being able to afford bottled coke makes me sad
Coke in glass bottles always seems to fizz in my mouth alot, which makes it just feel all acidic, I prefer drinking it out of a glass/cup
Strangley I'd say yes.. It's more refreshing I dunno why... They sell it mostly in enclosed places where they know you won't litter such as amusement parks and such..

HELLO!

Why didn't you just not buy a few cans and buy one bottle if you were so interested?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I'd imagine an entire botttle of cocaine to run you quite a bit. How come they were selling them at the grocery store?

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
glass bottled coke tastes the same as all the other cokes, it's just a novelty, however i read that the glass bottle is the most sterile (think thats the word) and the plastic bottles are the worst.

edit: also

fountain coke > other cokes
All drinks that come in glass bottles taste fresher and cleaner. Coke is no exception
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
i prefer the glass bottle because it looks cooler
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Quote by Ed Hunter
Why didn't you just not buy a few cans and buy one bottle if you were so interested?

They didn't sell the bottles individisually, you had to buy the whole case.

Quote by cho0onger
I'd imagine an entire botttle of cocaine to run you quite a bit. How come they were selling them at the grocery store?

I don't know but I'm sad they don't now
The main difference is that, here at least, most of the coke sold in glass bottles is from mexico and actually made with real sugar, so it tastes better in my opinion and it also doesn't have that syrupy after taste.
My mother gets MexiCoke, as she calls it, from Costco. It's Coke in a bottle with real sugar instead of cornsyrup.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
I like glass bottles. They taste better, are better for the environment, and if you need to stab someone you don't even need to bother pulling out your knife.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
It's definitely way classier in a bottle. You know...as much as drinking Coke is classy.
Who wrote the blood and water chapter anyway? Probably some surly dad, only child, thirty cats.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
My mother gets MexiCoke, as she calls it, from Costco. It's Coke in a bottle with real sugar instead of cornsyrup.

Made in Mexico?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Coke in a glass bottle tastes so so much different than in a can/regular bottle, I don't know why, it just does. It has more fizz.
Quote by stratdud39
any drink in a glass tastes better, i think.
EDIT: except maybe iced tea

Milk in glass ftmfw.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
Made in Mexico?

Yes, major retailers import the glass bottled Cokes from Mexico, where they still use real sugar instead of High Fructose Corn Syrup which is used in the US.

US coke can be almost as good if you drink it from a glass, cold but with no ice but you still sort of get this syrupie after taste.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Last edited by Bertallica at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by D&DLover
Yes. Fountain vanilla/cherry coke > all other cokes, though.

RIP Vanilla Coke from 2006
Quote by Death_To_Emo

YES! I love the coke when I go down to Mexico. And the 2.5 litre bottle are cool too.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Woah. Didn't know that the glass bottles use sugar. I always thought it was better because the metal in the can rubs off on the taste.

Btw, protip: Around passover time, look for big bottles of Coke with YELLOW caps. Those are made with sugar, not corn syrup, because certain jews (a lot, actually) won't have corn products on passover. Wiki
Last edited by GettintheLedout at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by darkcheef

Vanilla Coke was horrid, IMO.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Glass Bottle > Can > Plastic Bottle
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by jfreyvogel
Glass bottled anything always tastes better than cans or plastic bottles.

Agreed. So Coke would logically taste better from a glass bottle.

That said, I've had it in glass bottles a few times and I didn't notice much of a difference.

I don't like Coke all that much anyway. I prefer Cherry Coke.
Quote by darkcheef

What? I can still buy it at 7-11 occasionaly.
I don't really think they're fizzy enough.

Cold cans ftw.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by darkcheef

I just polished off the last of a 12 pack yesterday, actually.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
I made the same thread last year, Coke in Glass bottles is way better.
Quote by darkcheef

They still sell it here. Coke still makes it.

I don't think it's anything special though.
Same with any drink, doesn't have as much as a metallic taste as a can or a plastic taste like a bottle.
anything in a glass bottle is better than in a can or a plastic bottle, because glass doesn't affect the taste at all and the other two do.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Page 1 of 2