Hi All. New to the forum. I searched the topic and it did not yeild any results, so apologies if there is already a thread on this!

I'm having difficulty with my Boss GT 8 pedal. My set up consists of the following:

An Epiphone SG Special.
Using a Roland 20x Cube
And the Boss GT 8

Here's the pic of the control panel for the amp.

I'm not very experienced when it comes to pedals so please forgive my ignorance!

Anyway I've read the manual and googled the pedal for tips but to know avail. When I hook the pedal to the amp etc I get a bad buzzing noise and can't seem to make this go away. This makes me think that I am connecting it wrong and was curious to know if anybody else has had the same issues? I am following the manual, Guitar to pedal and pedal to amp in the input jack. Yet the noise still happens? Should the amp be on the clean channel?

Again due to lack of experience I am not sure what way I should set the pedal up with the amp ie: pre amp selection etc. So any guidance would be great!

To be honest I am aware that the GT 8 is a great pedal and sadly also hard to use. I've had it for some time now and it's gathering dust due to the frustration factor. I'm committed to getting it solved this time as I really don't want to sell what I know is a great piece of kit. So I eagerly await the guitar wisdom that you all have!!
your in luck! i have a micro cube and a GT-8!
turn off preamp on gt-8
get some clean on the go with not much gain
just use the distortion and all that instead of the amp modelly things on the GT-8 that should help
Thanks! A Step in the right direction at last. Any tips on what way to set the pedal for when selecting the amp type? And thanks again!
use the noise gate on the gt-8. also, plug the gt-8 into the aux input in the cube so that the cubes modelling doesnt color the sound
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
use the noise gate on the gt-8. also, plug the gt-8 into the aux input in the cube so that the cubes modelling doesnt color the sound

There's a noisegate on it?
i thought there would be, there is on most decent fx processors.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i thought there would be, there is on most decent fx processors.

There may be, again I'm just trying to hook it up correctly first so I'm not so great with it yet. Thanks though!
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
also, plug the gt-8 into the aux input in the cube so that the cubes modelling doesnt color the sound
This