Hi, i'm new to forums and UG so i apologise in advance if i do anything wrong.

I'm currently looking for a new amp and i have narrowed my search down to the Vox VT50 or the peavey vypyr 75. I have a budget of about £270.

I play metallica mainly but also Arctic monkeys. So i need something versatile but something that can handle Distortion. Also i think i would prefer an amp with the effects/stompboxes.

Please can you help me choose or possibly suggest another amp that's just as good if not better? And also, if i get the peavey, is it recommended to Get the Sanpera 1/2 (Which is better?)

Thanks in advance
personally i'd get the vypyr but that is me. I like the amp models and effects better. USB too. If you get the Vypyr 75 before June 30 I think you can get a free Sanpera I pedal depending on where you buy. The Sanpera II pedal is vastly superior tho. Check out the peavey.com forums. they have a sub forum dedicated to the vypyr and sanpera. Also consider changing the speaker down the road with whatever you chose. If it were me I'd save up another $180 and get the Vypyr tube 60.
OK thanks, i have been looking at the tube 60 but i don't really know much about tubes. I heard they're high maintenance?
Quote by G_The_Enemy
OK thanks, i have been looking at the tube 60 but i don't really know much about tubes. I heard they're high maintenance?

Not if you take good care of the tubes (warm up before play).

Tubes last quite a while before they give out.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Ah ok, and you warm it up by putting it on stand by? And also, does the tube 60 have effects?
Quote by G_The_Enemy
Ah ok, and you warm it up by putting it on stand by? And also, does the tube 60 have effects?

Yeah, putting it on standby for about 30 seconds - 1 minute before you start playing will be sufficient.

Yes it has effects.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I think the 60 for $450 is a great value. The preamp is exactly the same as all the other Vypyrs but it has power tubes. I just think the 60 sounds so much better than the others. Much more natural sounding with better bass response and harmonics. The others are fine too but they are a bit shrill and thin to my ears.
So you all recommend the tube 60? How long will the tube last if i let it warm up properly?
Yes.

Depends. Anywhere from 6 months to 16 years. Typically 2-3 years under normal use. People often replace the stock tubes anyway because they are not the best but you'll be fine. I do not believe you can get the free Sanpera pedal on the Tube 60 so check into that.
Ah ok thank you Like i said i don't know much about tube amps but hopefully will by the time they need replacing.

Thanks for all your help, better get saving!