Page 1 of 2
Off of her first album, The Fame, she had three hits.

Just Dance - First single, Reached #1, one of the most downloaded songs ever.
Paparazzi - Reached #1
Poker Face - Legendary song, #1, parodying by Eric Cartman and Christopher Walken.

These are the notable tracks off of her Fall 2009 album, The Fame Monster (I only excluded two tracks..):

Bad Romance - #1 hit peak, Overtook "Evolution of Dance" as most viewed youtube video ever.
Alejandro - #4 peak
Monster - An upcoming hit, mark my words
Speechless - Played with Elton John live at music awards
Telephone - #1 peak
So Happy I Could Die - Also an upcoming hit.

For any people who doubt her writing ability; this was her style before she decided to begin drawing attention to herself and become successful.

This artist has barely been around for a year. And she's already essentially showing the entire freaking music industry how it's done.

What's next? Are we looking at a female Michael Jackson in her early career?

What do you think pit? What's going to happen in the future with Lady Gaga? Will she bust, or will this sensation continue?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by SlinkyBlue
/snip

What's next? Are we looking at a female Michael Jackson in her early career?

What do you think pit? What's going to happen in the future with Lady Gaga? Will she bust, or will this sensation continue?

Well, since general consensus is that young boys getting f*cked by older women is much less bad than getting f*cked by an older guy...
Didn't Britney Spears blow up like this when she came out too? She's not as big anymore...it just seems like this is what happens with every pop artist.
Don't like her music, except for Just Dance, but I must say that there's no denying it.
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
She is the most important thing to happen to pop music since Micheal Jackson.

She has genuine talent, co-writes all her songs, and can actually sing. She has a unique look, attitude and outlook. I think she is awesome. Taking away the slutty image pop music has had through the 2000s (Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey..) and turning it into couture fashion.

She is amazing.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Gaga is good. No doubt about it.

She's not boring, she sure as hell is one of the most innovative pop artists since MJ, her melody's are catchy, her personality is put into her music AND her performance, she's gorgeous (IMO), and she's actually plays a musical instrument, something a lot of pop artists these days don't do. Shes got it all.

Whether or not she's sold out, she's good. And I love her music.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Last edited by Pedalboard at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by Doodleface

She has genuine talent, co-writes all her songs, and can actually sing. She has a unique look, attitude and outlook. I think she is awesome. Taking away the slutty image pop music has had through the 2000s (Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey..) and turning it into couture fashion.

She is amazing.

Not to mention her penis.
Her lyrics range from average to god awful while her music is fairly generic electro pop. Yes, she has some hits but that means nothing. She has talent, but she doesn't utilize it in a respectable way. Another over wanked pop star whose permanence is debatable. Good day.
Best thing to happen to pop for a while. I'm not a fan, but she seems to show genuine talent in what she does, and seems to make music that's a little bit more interesting than average pop music.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I don't know whats going to happen to her...

I'm actually kind of hoping she's just a blowup doll that will lose air very soon, but I'm pretty sure that's not happening.

She will continue to make lots of hits and I will continue not listening to it.

EDIT: And what's that about good lyrics? "Oh oh oh oh oh o-o-o-oh o o o oh Ill get him hot show him what I've got"
HAHA, no seriously. What DO you use a signature for?
Last edited by Nicolai_Nebel at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by true_bacon22
Yes, she has some hits but that means nothing.

Actually, that means everything.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Doodleface

She is amazing.

Have you seen some of her videos?

She is very talented, yes. Although, I think she would be liked by even more people if she would put some songs on her albums that are like that link SlinkyBlue posted.
Quote by Doodleface

She is amazing.

Agreed.

I think her success will continue, and she'll pump out good, consistent material for the next decade.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Who knew that all you had to do was wear inanimate objects on your head that you would otherwise not put on your head as it would look silly to be successful.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by UntilISleep
Didn't Britney Spears blow up like this when she came out too? She's not as big anymore...it just seems like this is what happens with every pop artist.

Yeah, but GaGa actually has talent.
Quote by red157
We've got a GaGa thread.

*reported*

Really. I was unaware that discussing the future of a certain artist was against the rules.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Doodleface

She is amazing.

basically this. except michael jackson spelled correctly, and she still dresses like a slut, but at least thats not her whole gag.
I give it another 3 years, tops. Her music is nothing exceptional. And if it was exceptional, the public wouldn't like it. And her image gimmick can only carry her so far.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jun 17, 2010,
i think in 10 years, VH1 will have one their shows on the 00's ( i say the odee's).

It will begin with eminem & britney spears, and it will be concluded with lil wayne & lady gaga.
Oh, you DO want a free demo?
Quote by red157
Artist specific threads to say nothing but 'lol, isn't __________ awesome' in the Pit are.

That isn't the purpose of this thread. Contribute or leave, kindly.

As for me, I would really love it if we could see some of her jazz influences expand into her pop music. I would be very happy if she decided to go back to her roots for her next albums. She's already made a name for herself; now she can do whatever she wants and get away with it, basically... but I just wonder what she's going to do.
-Jim Morrison
I just can't understand why you would go from the amazing song in the video to "Bad Romance". Actually, if you think about it, if you slowed down "Bad Romance" and played it by yourself on the piano, it wouldn't be bad. I hope she goes back to that kind of stuff.
Quote by Zomby Woof
I'd respect her more if she didn't purposely dress up as an idiot for attention.

maybe her brain works differently than yours!?
you know thats possible right?
who are you to say what she does is for attention?
I don't like her music, but I think she is probably the most talented pop artist atm.

EDIT: also, that video of her old style actually seemed simpler than her current music. Just a chord progression and a simple melody, the writing was probably worse than today

Sure her vocals are better, but she's still not perfect in that.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Last edited by metallicafan616 at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by Zomby Woof
I'd respect her more if she didn't purposely dress up as an idiot for attention.

+1
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Quote by Rocker Extreme
I just can't understand why you would go from the amazing song in the video to "Bad Romance". Actually, if you think about it, if you slowed down "Bad Romance" and played it by yourself on the piano, it wouldn't be bad. I hope she goes back to that kind of stuff.

Yeah I kind of agree. I guess you could say she had to change if she wanted to make it big and be popular. The kind of music she was playing in the youtube video isn't going to make you tons of money and give you fame nowadays.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
Quote by silent caution
drug OD in 2 years

We could only hope this would be the case, but following the trend everyone that has skill is dying and leaving these monsters.
Quote by Nicolai_Nebel
I don't know whats going to happen to her...

I'm actually kind of hoping she's just a blowup doll that will lose air very soon, but I'm pretty sure that's not happening.

Talking of blowup dolls... You have been warned!
Fight the evolution, play large intervals!
I personally love Lady Gaga, she's incredibly talented compared to a lot of artists nowadays.

I'd like to see many of the people saying she isn't write just one song as catchy as one of hers.

And 'Bad Romance' is bloody marvellous.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by Xiaoxi
I give it another 3 years, tops. Her music is nothing exceptional. And if it was exceptional, the public wouldn't like it. And her image gimmick can only carry her so far.

Quoted for EXTREME truth.

Any music that pushes boundaries gets nowhere in any charts now. The people like their cheesy crap.
Quote by GoodnightHero
maybe her brain works differently than yours!?
you know thats possible right?
who are you to say what she does is for attention?

Perhaps. It's just a hunch that someone doesn't walk out of their house everyday wearing "bubbles" not trying to receive some sort of attention. But I may be wrong.
Quote by Rocker Extreme

Here's a glimpse into how most of her songs get written. They all begin on the piano, and you can tell when you listen to them.
-Jim Morrison
Page 1 of 2