new pickups or a whammy bar for my SG They'll cost about the same but I only have money for one or the other. I play lots of classic rock, hard rock and dabble in metal...I have to say I like playing Hendrix the most (I know he plays a strat...I dont care) anyway I would like other peoples opinions about this.

I have 490s in my guitar right now and I was looking at burstbuckers/57s

For a whammy I was looking at a stetsbar...

If anybody has any information of value please please share it.

thanks
Tremelo bars always seem to be superfluous to me, even if I do have one on my guitar. I guess it depends on if you wants the versatility of having a bar added or if you want to improve your guitars tone.
if u get a trem get a kahler 2200, much better trem for putting in TOM bridges, but i think new pickups are a better investment
Eh.
Pickups. Tremolos are nice, but the way the guitar sounds is much more important to me.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
What amp will it be?

A Vox of course Im looking at the night train
Quote by ChucklesMginty
The trem will cost quite a lot to be installed.

:

No, the stetsbar can be installed in existing hardware on his sg. The thing is theres no locking nut so the tuning stability isnt the greatest
Quote by SilverRock113
No, the stetsbar can be installed in existing hardware on his sg. The thing is theres no locking nut so the tuning stability isnt the greatest

thats y i say to go with kahler 2200 cuz u can get locking nut for it, and its built (at least the 2200) for replacing TOM stoptails, but still, pickups will be more important, you dont want to have kool dime squeals and things like that if they wont sound good
Eh.
Ok so we narrowed it down to pickups thanks guys.

now what pickups could you suggest? (I know theres a thread but i havent made any headway in there so dont shoot me please)