This may be a little late, but I just never really found the time to sit down and make a NAD thread.

BUT, I finally have a new (used) amp. I'm replacing my Roland Cube 30X.

It's my first tube combo. It has 2 6L6 output tubes.

Here it is:

A Crate V50. Now, it may be a crate, but I'm honestly very surprised at this amp..

Here's some more pictures before a review..

REVIEW: So, this amp is LOUD. But what to expect. It's 50 watts, tube. Largest amp I've ever owned was a 30W SS.. my Cube. I don't throw the volume up past two at any given point on either channel.
The clean channel is nice, it's not the best but it's very nice when you put reverb into it (Spring reverb). I end up mostly staying on this channel, and I'll use my Arion for some delay and I also use my DS-1 (Though it's not the best, it's workable) for some distortion.
The lead channel is nice, though gets very muddy past 7 on the gain, but it's not meant for metal anyhow. I do play metal, but I'm not limited to just that by any means. I mess around a lot, and I've found this amp to be pretty versatile.

Until today (you'll see a NGD shortly after this.. ), I was running my LTD H-100 into this and my Epiphone SG Special. Nothing spectacular, but BY FAR a better sound all around than my Cube.

I traded my Ibanez EW20 exotic wood acoustic (Not acoustic-electric) for this, I didn't use it much anyhow, and I'd say it was totally worth it. I can get this thing to sound fantastic for bedroom practicing, and without a doubt this thing could jam out at a small gig.

I don't know if the previous owner ever replaced the tubes or not, and honestly I wouldn't know when to.. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I'm very happy with this. I'm looking into buying a Tubescreamer or a Bad Monkey to use with the lead channel, to spice it up a bit. But even so, great amp.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Jun 17, 2010,
awesome! happy nad!

if its anything like my v5, I recommend some JJ's and swapping the stock speaker for a darker one. my v5 was super super bright with pretty harsh highs. after those swaps, it became totally giggable and i've been playing gigs with it since

crank that soulja boy

...i mean amp
HNAD friend! Looks like a Crate worth having...
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by josephde
awesome! happy nad!

if its anything like my v5, I recommend some JJ's and swapping the stock speaker for a darker one. my v5 was super super bright with pretty harsh highs. after those swaps, it became totally giggable and i've been playing gigs with it since

crank that soulja boy

...i mean amp

I'm going to have to learn about swapping tubes and speakers and such.. I've honestly no clue how to do anything!
I'll learn soon enough. When the time comes.
well dont change anything if you're happy with the sound. no need to fix something that aint broke... and ive never tried a v50 so i dont know if it has the same issues the v5 had.

they're pretty nice amps for the cash. ive been wanting to try a palomino too...
not sure if i ever tried the V50, but i tried most of the smaller amps in that range. very solid amps, i thought they were pretty good. i think the V50 was supposed to be similar to the peavey classic 50, and the V33 was similar to the classic 30. could be wrong, but they are good amps none-the-less.

HNAD
If you wanna play metal with that thing, look into the Soldano SLO mods for the V series... supposed to really improve the drive channel.

HNAD.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??