I realise that not too long ago there was a Smoking Thread, but it seems that cigars fell to the wayside with the amount of cigarette talk, and I feel as though they should exist as a separate entity.

So, on to the finer things. How does the Pit enjoy their cigars? Sizes, brands, shapes, countries of origin, darkness, taste, any thing you can think of. Feel free to share any cigar related anecdotes you have.

Anything cigar related goes, reviews and recommendations are appreciated as well.

I don't personally have a large knowledge of cigars, but I would recommend picking up an Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva if you like a good cigar of medium darkness. They usually cost about $8.00- $9.00 American for an 8 1/2 inch (21.5 cm) cigar but I have found them for as low as $7.00. It has a nice earthy taste, not too strong, not too weak. The only problem I've had with them is that sometimes the wrappers are a bit veiny, and they can flake after holding them for a bit, so I suggest holding them in your teeth rather than your hands.

Another thing I'm looking for is tips for new cigar smokers and experienced smokers alike.

The one that can't be stressed enough, is that you don't inhale a cigar like you would a cigarette. You will become ill and you most likely will vomit. Simply intake the smoke into your mouth, roll it around your tongue if you like, and the blow out.

Another one on a similar note; don't be afraid to spit. Obviously if you're smoking inside you might want somewhere to spit rather than on the floor, but you don't want a lot of tobacco in your stomach for the reason stated above.

Lastly is the age old question, to slobber, or not to slobber? Do you make wet the ends of your cigars with spit, or do you attempt to keep them dry as possible?
Romeo Y Julietas
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Aotnoe
The one that can't be stressed enough, is that you don't inhale a cigar like you would a cigarette. You will become ill and you most likely will vomit. Simply intake the smoke into your mouth, roll it around your tongue if you like, and the blow out.

Not even close to true for everyone.
I used to a be a big fan, but I got myself a pipe not so long back, and some various flavours of tobacco and I think I almost prefer that.
But I'm definately sticking with cigars or pipes because taking the smoke back is not the entire aim of smoking them, and since I quit normal fags I need something to fill the long summer days when I have nothing to do.
I like cigarillos , never tried a real cigar before though
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
I can't smoke cigars. It takes too much effort to remind myself that what I'm "smoking" I shouldn't inhale. Jeez what an effort
I am poor, so i just smoke the cheapy native reserve century sam cigars. Iv'e grown a liking for them...mmm i want one right now.
I just picked up an Acid "Kuba Kuba" which tastes so sweet and is really smooth. Normally though my favorite is just about anything by CAO or Punch and I've had one Makers Mark that I thought was overpirced but hey...that's just me.

For the record, I curl my lips and hate to slobber on my cigar. Seems to ruin it...
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.