Yea so my Jackson DXMG went down =(.. the input jack has been fussy with me over the past two months and ive had to play around with the chord to get it into full gear..

Now its completely gone.. no sounds not even when playing with the chord..

How do I fix it?!
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
You take it out of the guitar, figure out what's wrong and mend it.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
well the easiest fix is just to unscrew the input, and with it disconnected from the guitar's body(not the wires), plug a cable into it and see if there is a decent physical connection going on, sometimes ya just gotta bend the part that clamps against the guitar cable down some so its a tight connection. if some of the wires are coming un soldered then ya gotta resolder those.
if a loose piece of wire or metal touches the cable other than the clamps then it can completely kill the sound or cause annoying breaks and scratches in sound. If this is the problem you can try wrapping the aforementioned wire in electrical tape.

If the jack completely comes apart from the wires you will have to re solder the wire onto the jack.

As far as input jacks Go it is normally a pretty simple fix. They happen to just about every one at some point. A badly broken input jack can easily be replaced by buying a replacement.

Good luck and hope things work out for you.
^ Is it really so difficult to type "you" instead of "ya"?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ Is it really so difficult to type "you" instead of "ya"?

Is it really so difficult to stfu and gtfo? Whiney bitch.

Anyway, unscrew it, check out what's wrong with it.

If YA cant do this YAself YA can take it to a shop or something.
Steam ID
XFire profile

Quote by Delboyuk_01
I don't think you can go wrong with a Black guitar, white ones are almost as good but black ones are better, white ones just don't sound quite as good.
Last edited by cheesefrog at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by cheesefrog
Is it really so difficult to stfu and gtfo?

It is, actually. If I wanted to read something reminiscent of 14-year old girls texting each other, I'd go on a random MySpace page.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
It is, actually. If I wanted to read something reminiscent of 14-year old girls texting each other, I'd go on a random MySpace page.

Oh, so instead you just go on UG and bash people without actually posting something relevant? Makes total sense.
Steam ID
XFire profile

Quote by Delboyuk_01
I don't think you can go wrong with a Black guitar, white ones are almost as good but black ones are better, white ones just don't sound quite as good.
Cool it, fellas.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...