Hey guys,

Well a while back I thought my HT-5 was going bad, and it wasn't, but during the time I researched new amps I was introduced to the Egnater Tweaker. After my HT-5 was good, I went back to where I was with it.

However, I have been getting into some more bluesy stuff, and I realize the HT-5 just can't cut it. I DO play at bedroom/apartment levels, but I am able to open up the clean channel to hear more of the guitar than the compressed amp, and it still sounds pretty awful..

I demoed a Rebel 20 at some LOW volumes and I can immediately tell a difference in the cleans compared to my HT-5.

Unfortunately, no one local can keep the Tweaker in stock long enough for me to stop by. I have been relying on youtube demos and the like and am really impressed with the cleans. I am however, curious about the gain... I need Van Halen/Ratt/Weezer/Starting Line range of gain, so american metal to more modern stuff, but no metal. I have a Bad Monkey as well... how would this amp handle it?

Also, I am assuming being that the difference from 5 to15w volume wise isn't much, the Egnater's gain channel can hold up to what I get from my HT-5 at low volumes?

Thanks guys, really want this little box.
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Thanks! Really looking forward to some more input on this bad boy.
i like the tweaker. it's a lot louder than the ht5 actually, i had that one too.

it has enough gain for the stuff you want to do. there are tweaker clips on my profile, some of them have some mic clipping. sorry.

but i'd say it can do what you want pretty well. it likes od pedals, some people's pedals don't like the loop but i run my reverb pedal there with no problems.

it has low end the ht5 didn't. can do a fendery clean or a britishy crunch well enough. take one home, usually you have 2 weeks to return it if it's not what you like. that's basically what i did and have been plugging into it a lot.

being able to swap power tubes and not worrying about biasing or matched tubes is really nice. it takes 6L6, el34, kt77, 6v6. i have to get some kt77s.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Gregs, I am going to PM you if thats cool, instead of blowing up the thread.