Hi, i'm trying to decide between a new amp, so i can mic it, and record some music, i got a nice pedalboard, with delay, boost, fuzz, chorus, phase, wah.

So my question is, can I run my guitar through my pedalboard, then to the m-audio, then to pc?

Can I still control the sound with my pedals? How do I switch from clean to crunch while i play? I have to record take by take? haha (ZzzzzZ) Is this it?

So... can i put a clean sound on my pc (work as an amp) and then with my distortion pedals, add distortion? I have no idea how this works... I would like to use my pedals... and not the digital ones on the computer..

Should instead buy a low watt tube amp, and then mic it? What will work better?

Helllllllllllllllllllpp!

(Sorry for the noob questions)
GUITARS: Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
PEDALBOARD: TC POLYTUNE, GCB-95(mod)CRYBABY, MXR DYNACOMP, WAMPLER SUPERPLEXTORTION, TS-9, BIG MUFF, SMALL STONE, SMALL CLONE, MALEKKO EKKO 616, DR SCIENTIST MINI REVERBERATOR
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
Mic the amp.... that's the easiest way to get the sound you want.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I would buy a low watt tube amp and mic it. If not, your guitar won't sound good unless you have some type of amp modeler on your computer. There are pedals that are amp modelers too. So either:
Guitar-pedalboard(?)-tube amp
guitar-pedalboard-amp modeler-computer.
PS: If you have a tube amp, I would just turn it up a lot until the tubes start breaking up and use that as your distortion. If you still need more, you can use and overdrive pedal.
so. my guitar and the best amp modeller on the world on my pc, can i still use my pedalboard? add chorus where i want, add delay there and there, boost it with my tube screamer. will it sound... hmm... REAL?

also, can i use this http://www.lismusica.pt/?product=1222 to besides connecting my guitar to pc, connect let's say a shure sm-57 to this interface then -> pc?
GUITARS: Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
PEDALBOARD: TC POLYTUNE, GCB-95(mod)CRYBABY, MXR DYNACOMP, WAMPLER SUPERPLEXTORTION, TS-9, BIG MUFF, SMALL STONE, SMALL CLONE, MALEKKO EKKO 616, DR SCIENTIST MINI REVERBERATOR
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
Last edited by Teque86 at Jun 17, 2010,
Its not going to sound good. Most amp modeling programs are designed to take a dry guitar signal and add effects and modeling to it. Though give it a shot and see if you like it

And for the interface, buy it. Its one of the better ones on the market
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp