So I listen to a wide variety music including classic rock, modern metal, experimental, folk ext.

I've been looking at the Big Muff (Bass version, but is the standard fine?), Boss's overdrive, and some other pedals. Do you guys have any recommendations?
If you like playing the kind of bass that's in Muse's Music (ie. Hysteria, Time Is Running Out, Uprising) then get the Big Muff, either the bass or guitar version both work fine. That's all I know about that.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
I have an Ibanez PD-7 and it sounds pretty good. I would recommend it if you're looking for a distortion or OD pedal. If you are looking for a fuzz though I would say a Big Muff.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by AlterEdge
If you like playing the kind of bass that's in Muse's Music (ie. Hysteria, Time Is Running Out, Uprising) then get the Big Muff, either the bass or guitar version both work fine. That's all I know about that.

I am a fan of Muse, but I'm not sure if I want to restrict myself to that sound.
Distortion pedals are pretty useless for bass. An overdrive pedal will do pretty much everything for you that a distortion pedal can do, except it can do it more lightly.

I find, if you want a really heavy sound, fuzz will be far superior to distortion. If you want a lighter sound, overdrive is the way to go.

It really depends on what you want to do with it. Overdrive and Fuzz are two completely different things and used in completely different settings most of the time - really, only you can decide.
Overdrive is fatter and more versatile for someone playing several genres like you.
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!