So after a long day at work I come home to a nice big heavy box, 94 lbs daaaaammmmnnnn. I take it downstairs and start to open it....

Damn all those packing peanuts! After some digging I find this...

Ooh looks like a Peavey! Valveking maybe? JSX maybe? Tearing into all that bubble wrap yields...

A Peavey Triple XXX 120W combo!

I played the head version in the store, loved it. Played the JSX combo, loved it. I figured I got the best of both worlds here at the solid price of $500 shipped. Didn't take me long to dial in a couple nice clean tones, but much more fun was to be had with the Crunch and Ultra channels. After some tinkering I got the Satriani tones I was looking for. EQ is VERY responsive, many possibilities to be had.

Obligatory family shot, and no, the guitar hero controller is not part of my gear

A couple recent additions: guitar to the right, an ESP LTD H-51 I got in a trade for an old snare drum from 5th grade band + $40, pretty damn nice guitar, a quick setup and it was playing almost as good as my MIJ strat. Also got a Boss Super Chorus for christmas but never bothered to do a NPD, can't wait to try it out with the new amp for some Surfing With the Alien tones.

Another thing that came in the mail for me today, although completely unrelated to guitar, was my diploma. Get pumped, it's official

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Congrats dude! I work with a few people who went to University of Michigan.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by genghisgandhi
Damn, that's one fine lookin' frame.

grad gift from my folks, had to go with the blue and gold one to match (kinda) the school colors though
Why'd you call it a diploma when its a degree?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Hey, congrats on the amp and the graduation! Engineering no less!

Quote by ragingkitty

Because the piece of paper is a diploma.
Last edited by CECamps at Jun 17, 2010,
Quote by ragingkitty

i was referring to the piece of paper (diploma), not the education (degree)

^^ beat me to it, and thanks man
Quote by edbert

i was referring to the piece of paper (diploma), not the education (degree)

^^ beat me to it, and thanks man

Hmm fair enough... only ever noticed the States using that definition. A diploma has always denoted vocational training for me. Both the paper and the education.

Congrats on the achievements
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Grats x2!
Damn, Michigandeneers and their hilarious honor:

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Damn, nice combo! Are you going to just look at the diplomatic degree all day, or play some guitar?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Andragon
Grats x2!
Damn, Michigandeneers and their hilarious honor:

low focking blow dude... probably could have made that up for any college or group

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Damn, nice combo! Are you going to just look at the diplomatic degree all day, or play some guitar?

I busted ass for 4 years to get that degree, now that i have a life i'm gonna play some damn guitar that's for sure! In fact I see it as a little present to myself

I don't think I ever mentioned...I sold my crate palomino v16 for $250 (100 more than what I paid for it ), which funded half of this purchase, so $250 out of pocket for my triple xxx...I'll take it lol.
Congrats on the degree. Glad to see a fellow engineer. Ill be joining that club in 2 years hopefully.

and congrats on the gear i love the xxx
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
Congrats on the degree. Glad to see a fellow engineer. Ill be joining that club in 2 years hopefully.

and congrats on the gear i love the xxx

Texas A&M, nice, good luck, the last 2 years are the hardest though, trust me...

Quote by mexican_shred

Me too, same club.
Congrats on the amp and especially the degree!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
thanks everyone

I have decided my next piece of gear is going to be a delay pedal, I'm looking to thicken up my lead tone mostly but I'll be using it a lot for other stuff too. I'm open to both analog and digital, as long as it's a decent one. I liked the boss dd3/7, but I haven't tried much else. Anyone have any suggestions?
Quote by bogg808
Whats your budget?

A good cheap-ish analog delay is the Malekko Ekko 616 which is about $150USD

budget is around $150, I will most likely buy used though if I can
The Malekko is probably your best bet in that price range. There doesn't seem to be that much above $150 in that quality until you start looking around the $200-$250 range
Quote by bogg808
The Malekko is probably your best bet in that price range. There doesn't seem to be that much above $150 in that quality until you start looking around the $200-$250 range

looks like a solid pedal, I like the buffer/true bypass

Anyone have any opinions on the Digitech Hardwire DL-8? I would love to have a delay and a looper in the same pedal, plus it seems to get good reviews.