This time, I used some organ synths. I didn't program em', I actually played them Please excuse me if I'm a little sloppy I'm not really a keys player. Crit 4 Crit of course. Thanks in advance
definately one of the better recordings and one of the few good songs I've heard on this site. Guitar tone is pretty frigging sweet, the drum sound is EZ Drummer, often heard, not always done as good as this. Overall, the song has a VERY interesting flow, something that keeps you interested the whole time through.

Around 1:57, that part was AWESOME.

Your riffs are very inventive, nice, melodic and still heavy.
Holy shit, you have some pretty good chops there, man. Much better than anything I could do. Am I hearing a bit of Petrucci influence in your lead style?

Holy crap, over 6:30 minutes?! sure as hell didn't seem that long, listening to it! great job, man.
Quote by CoreysMonster
definately one of the better recordings and one of the few good songs I've heard on this site. Guitar tone is pretty frigging sweet, the drum sound is EZ Drummer, often heard, not always done as good as this. Overall, the song has a VERY interesting flow, something that keeps you interested the whole time through.

Around 1:57, that part was AWESOME.

Your riffs are very inventive, nice, melodic and still heavy.
Holy shit, you have some pretty good chops there, man. Much better than anything I could do. Am I hearing a bit of Petrucci influence in your lead style?

Holy crap, over 6:30 minutes?! sure as hell didn't seem that long, listening to it! great job, man.

Thanks! I've been trying for a while to get my songs to sound focused while being pretty long, I see I've succeeded I don't really listen to Dream Theater that much, but I am pretty influenced by Al Di Meola, who also influenced Petrucci, so it's pretty much indirect haha. Thanks for the comment!
Thanks for the crit. I like this. Has a kind of egyptian/middle eastern feel to the intro. Some of it reminds me of Leviathan-era Mastodon, but on the whole it feels really inventive and original.

Lead runs seem a bit too scale based for me at certain points, but I like a lot of it.

Organ feels out of place. Maybe try a different synth or replace it with guitar?

4:48 - LOVE IT.

Overall, doesn't feel like 6 and a half minutes. That's a good thing. I really like pretty much everything except for the organ, and that's just because I feel that it doesn't tonally fit with the rest of the song. Maybe a different instrument would work better.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
^ Hmmm i was sure the organ would work out, I personally like it. I was trying to bring a more 60's/70's prog feel (hint: the song title lol) to the piece.
Last edited by v2a2n2g2 at Jun 18, 2010,
Hey man, thanks for the crit!
I haven't heard any music quite like this, it sounds pretty original. You can obviously shred!
I like the riffs and ideas you've created, they all sound pretty heavy but still melodic and they all flow together pretty well.
I'd love to hear this with vocals! Prehaps maybe have some singing near the end of the song at about 4:48 when it sounds a bit like a chorusy thing.
The drums are pretty sweet too, well done on that
Overall the mixing sounds pretty good, theres a few places where I can't quite make out the guitar though, not sure what to suggest - maybe some tweak the eqs? It could just be my speakers though.

Good song!
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Just critting as I listen mainly

I like the dynamics you got on the snare. The intro sounds pretty Dream Theater-ish, it's good stuff. The clean break at like 1:37 worked really well. Fitted into the piece really nicely, I might be being picky but I think you could change the melody here, didn't really like it. The breakdown at like 2:42 and 2:50 was fun to listen to. The solo at 3:30ish was pretty sick as well, I'm not too sure about all the breaks in between each little shred though, it seemed to work earlier in the solo but then felt a bit awkward. The break that started at like 5:08 I think felt kinda dragged out. I liked the outro though, was a nice way to end it

I liked the general feel of the song, apart from the bits I picked out, the one I thing I would criticise is how a lot of the riffs were pretty short and just repeated a lot. It's not really a big deal though seeing as how many sections the song has so it all stays pretty varied.

Really good piece though, could you check out rock161? It's the 5:08 one https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1321568
This was one of the top pieces I've heard on this site period, this was fantastic, very dynamic, and just stand out, in your face, and then ambient, so hard to describe. Definitely a great piece of work. You nailed all the instruments on this track, everything just fits. The drums stand out as being exceptionally good in comparison to most people's (mine especially), and the guitar is obviously extremely talented. Keep it up, I wanna hear more from you! Also, you put vocals on this track! Crit mine if you'd like, but it's nothing in comparison to the beast of a song you've made, :P. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327775
First things first, great quality. You clearly know your way around a guitar. I like the string skipped riff to the chugging rhythm more then anything else in the song. Now I don;t listen to Prog so I did feel it was a bit drawn out. And your solo bit had a couple of notes that didnt really mesh in my opinion. Again a bit drawn out, but I liked it overall, I like teh various tempo changes as well!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Really cool stuff, had a bit of an Eastern/Egyptian feel to it. I liked the organ too!
As for the solo, some bits of it had a Marty Friedman-ness to it, only slightly but it was noticable. I liked the drums too. Really cool.